Should I install a pre amp into my cbg/cbu's? advantages and disadvantages

Wondering the advantages and disadvantages.. I recently purchased a pre amp.. Same mode Gitty sells on his website. 7475R I think is the model.

I have a CBG and two CBUkes and was thinking of installing into one or two of them. (if I purchase another one) I'm also about to start a 6 stringer and might think of putting it on that one too.

Does anyone have any opinions or experience with this model or having pre amps?

LOCO

Views: 314

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

id be tempted with a buffer  rather than a pre amp .. most of the issues with piezos sounding thin are due to impedence miss matches.

like this one from the EPIC POODLE PARTS.

I have one of those from Gitty but have not used it. I plan on doing what someone posted in here about mounting it in a small box instead of building it into one guitar, so then I can plug any guitar into it. An EQ box between guitar and amp.

Along those same line, does anyone have experience using a DI box between a CBG and amp/board?

a DI box will change the impedence and condition your signal for a desk but there is little in the way of EQ so its in the hands of your sound man,  ive always found that a small amp mic'd up (even just a few watts) give you a much bigger tone and more control

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Discussion: Toothpick Frets?

Started by Habanera Hal in Feature Articles. Last reply by Dave Lynas 1 hour ago. 18 Replies

Upright Ubass

Started by Titch the Clown in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Greg Potts Jun 20. 1 Reply

New here

Started by Clarence johnson in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Road Rash Roy Jun 18. 13 Replies

Latest Activity

BrianQ. left a comment for Jon Cartmill
"Welcome, check out the Resources tab for build info and join some groups located in the Posts tab?…"
6 minutes ago
Angelo Mikro liked Angelo Mikro's profile
56 minutes ago
Dave Lynas replied to Habanera Hal's discussion Discussion: Toothpick Frets?
"I’ve found many hardwood possibilities for fretting. Cherry, Boxwood, native Plum, coke…"
1 hour ago
Graham Wedepohl posted a discussion

Fret calculations

I made a spreadsheet to calculate frets offline.FeaturesUp to 24 fretsunlimited scale length in…See More
1 hour ago
Dave Lynas liked Habanera Hal's discussion Discussion: Toothpick Frets?
1 hour ago
Profile IconJon Cartmill, Joseph and Jesse joined Cigar Box Nation
1 hour ago
Poorness Studios posted a video

DIY Kazoo Kit from Black Owl Guitars

For the next episode of Kazoo Fridays... I decided to build one of the DIY Kazoo kits from Black Owl Guitars. This is a really cool idea and I'm very pleased...
1 hour ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's video
Thumbnail

Happy Together: 2-String License Plate Chugger (Not a Cigar Box Guitar)

"Glad you enjoy the videos Kale. I enjoy making them. Have taken the last two weeks off as family…"
2 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's video
Thumbnail

Happy Together: 2-String License Plate Chugger (Not a Cigar Box Guitar)

"Good observation Rope; the faces don’t match the lyrics! Must be the Bb bringing them down.…"
2 hours ago
Uncle John commented on Randy S. Bretz's photo
3 hours ago
Uncle John commented on Kirk Whitham's photo
Thumbnail

Royale Acoustic

"Very nice!"
3 hours ago
Uncle John commented on James O Lunsford's video
Thumbnail

Like an Old Rusty Car

"A  James O appearance.  A good way to start my day.   You are looking good and…"
3 hours ago

Music

© 2021   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->