If anyone has used one of these in their builds how did you attach the bridge to the box? Did you glue it? Screw it? Would like to know the best option before attach it to the box thank you.

Great forum BTW.

Views: 168

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I drilled a slightly oversized hole for the wire and left the bridge floating to allow for intonation adjustments with different tunings and string gauges .

AND that's what I was thinking of doing! Cool. Thank you!

Hi, I have not used these bridges as I make my own, but the fitting is the same.

As Korrigan says, it's a floating bridge for use with a tailpiece, as there is no provision for attaching strings to it.

Taff

You'd be surprised Taff but there are folks that glue down floating bridges thinking that intonation is a "set it and forget it" thing like the Ronco Rotisserie.  :D

lol AND that's how I was instructed when I made my first CBG. I havn't done that since but it was the first time using this style piezo / bridge pickup. Thanks again everyone!

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

aluminium bobbins

Started by micky rooney in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by micky rooney 5 hours ago. 8 Replies

LMM GDG strings.

Started by Bruce Young in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Bruce Young yesterday. 6 Replies

Build puzzle

Started by cbgnewbie in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Paul Craig on Friday. 7 Replies

Playing Slide with a Pocketknife - Mance Lipscomb Captured on Film

Started by Shane Speal shanespeal.com in Feature Articles. Last reply by Jeffrey Warren Park Apr 17. 6 Replies

Video search for specific cbg build!

Started by Will "KOOLDOG HOOCH" Bonner in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Will "KOOLDOG HOOCH" Bonner Apr 10. 2 Replies

Bridge questions

Started by Will "KOOLDOG HOOCH" Bonner in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by BrianQ. Apr 9. 12 Replies

Latest Activity

Art Prior commented on Shane Speal shanespeal.com's group Building a Cigar Box Guitar 101
"New member here with his first question. I am working on my first cigar box dulcimer--a guitar will…"
15 minutes ago
Art Prior joined Shane Speal shanespeal.com's group
Thumbnail

Building a Cigar Box Guitar 101

This group is for discussing the basics of CBG building for newer builders - where to start, what…See More
21 minutes ago
Jacques Aube left a comment for BrianQ.
"Thanks for the welcome"
35 minutes ago
Uncle Gus commented on Uncle Gus's video
43 minutes ago
Uncle Gus posted a video

To Be Cannibalized: 1976 Ovation 1132-1

This is an old Ovation that got wrecked by the ravages of time, string tension and suboptimal storage conditions. At the very least I’m going to use the tune...
52 minutes ago
BrianQ. commented on Dave Lynas's video
53 minutes ago
BrianQ. liked Dave Lynas's video
53 minutes ago
AGP # liked John Marshall's photo
1 hour ago
BUGGY (C) commented on BUGGY (C)'s video
1 hour ago
AGP # liked Poorness Studios's photo
1 hour ago
AGP # liked Jim Morris's photo
1 hour ago
AGP # liked Jim Morris's photo
1 hour ago

Music

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->