Whilst talking to a gentleman at a music store the topic of cigarbox guitars came up.

He told me his grandfather built a cigarbox ukulele in the early 30`s and he has it still.

He was kind enough to send me pictures.

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

wow, very cool.

And did you tell the guy that Shane Speal will be stopping by soon to purchase it for his CBG museum? He's probably been secretly drooling over your pics for a couple days now... ; )

The gentleman would like to make it playable again.....

Ron, the owner just gave me some more info on this ukulele.

His Grandfather made the frets from a cut down hacksaw blade.

The tuning pegs were just whittled from a piece of firewood.

The box label says 17th district State of PA.  No. 855

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Dead "E" blues

Started by JD in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Cause the Blue rat 28 minutes ago. 2 Replies

Neck Layout Question

Started by Mark Ballard in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Dennis "Denbo" Goodinson 4 hours ago. 1 Reply

Lo-fi mics

Started by James Pobog in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by James Pobog 7 hours ago. 1 Reply

VIDEO FEATURE: Building a micro shop for the work area challenged

Started by KOOL DOG HOOCH in Feature Articles. Last reply by Shane Speal shanespeal.com on Friday. 15 Replies

Latest Activity

Dave Lynas posted videos
36 seconds ago
Andries D. EKER commented on Andries D. EKER's video
Thumbnail

JamBox Talking on the Rezz A D Eker 2020

"Thanks Poorness! Glad  you liked it ! nothing doing if it aint "ELECTRIC ",and now…"
6 minutes ago
Ben Ridgeway replied to JP Lace Master's discussion Collection Thread: show me your collections
"Don't get me started with my tattoo machine collections"
11 minutes ago
Thumbnail

"High there Derek i usaly try that but my blabbermouth allway,s needs to say something, …"
12 minutes ago
Thumbnail

"Thanks "Denbo"thats a nice one ill remember that !! ill quot you on that one…"
14 minutes ago
Thumbnail

"Thank you Greg ! what you road -e for ? CBG Tech? sound mix ! or just carying the stuff , or the…"
16 minutes ago
Taffy Evans replied to JP Lace Master's discussion Collection Thread: show me your collections
"Hi Hooch, yes I thought JP had done that too. I held back on these collections. Violins, Violin…"
19 minutes ago
Thumbnail

"Oke Uncle ! hope the trip dont wear you and dave out like last time ,the missis did have a big talk…"
22 minutes ago
Cause the Blue rat replied to JD's discussion Dead "E" blues
"The thickness of the body plays a big part in how much sound you get. The thicker the wood the less…"
28 minutes ago
Tom E liked Randy S. Bretz's photo
33 minutes ago
Tom E liked Dave Lynas's photo
34 minutes ago
Tom E liked Dave Newcomer's photo
34 minutes ago

Music

Loading…

© 2020   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->