Back when I built RC scale tugboats. I also wrote articles for a British based model magazine(Traplet I think), from time to time they would send me a product of some sort to tryout. Looking through some of my stuff in the black hole(storage) I came across these beauties, I was given 4 of different grits. They're thin metal strips coated with tungsten carbid and last forever! I don't know if these are still made but whatever they make will be a good product. These are great for getting into corners and hard to get at places. Just putting this out there.

Views: 75

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They have a huge assortment on ebay

Mike

Thanks Mike, I was just putting this out there for anyone who was interested. The stuff I have will last way after I'm gone.

Will,

Perma Grit are still going strong!

Oddly enough, I also write for a modelling magazine (RCM&E), and find the Perma Grit products are ideal for CBG/uke manufacture too- particularly the curved sanding blocks the back of a uke's neck.

https://www.permagrit.com/

Tim

Hi Tim, it's been 15- 20 yrs since my last article, Finding these was a fluke, they just happened to be put in with my airbrushing supplies along with my palm plane and a couple other tools.(total mystery why.) When I  gave up my boats, tools, controllers, esc, parts, etc went to. Wish I'd keep the tools, but hind sight being 20-20, oh well! I miss writing, mostly the researching. The most fun was going to San Francisco doing research on the tugs and boats at the maritime museum. What a blast, going through old boats and places in the museum the average person never saw! I'll be buying more perma grit for sure, awesome product and well worth the money.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Volume/Tone Pots

Started by Brent Kasl in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Poorness Studios 6 hours ago. 3 Replies

CONTEST CANCELLED: We Need Your Photos!

Started by Shane Speal shanespeal.com in Feature Articles. Last reply by Alex Fong 19 hours ago. 2 Replies

Mods to CBG kit

Started by James Pobog in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by James Pobog yesterday. 4 Replies

s/s lm386 draw amp,

Started by GARAGE HERMIT in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Paul Craig on Wednesday. 8 Replies

Back Angle

Started by Brent Kasl in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Paul Craig on Monday. 4 Replies

Blog Posts

Mag pickup help

Posted by Fantacone Box Works on December 1, 2019 at 7:26pm 5 Comments

Tupelo Tenor kit

Posted by Craig W.Solomon on November 21, 2019 at 6:51pm 4 Comments

Hello from new member

Posted by Morgan L. Scoggins on November 16, 2019 at 9:52am 8 Comments

Latest Activity

Philip Taylor commented on Glenn Watt's blog post Learn How To Play "I'll Fly Away" | 3-string CBG lesson
"Thanks so much for this wonderful video.  You make learning music so simple and fun. …"
5 minutes ago
Keith Rearick liked Mark Bowen's discussion Setup for planing neck back angle for bolt on neck
6 minutes ago
Greg Tiffany commented on Poorness Studios's video
Thumbnail

Cheap Bass vs Expensive Bass vs Homemade Bass

"I liked the paddle. Like the groove.  I built Gitty Gbass still learning."
8 minutes ago
AGP # commented on AGP #'s video
Thumbnail

I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry

""Thanks Danny Boy", I too am in the love "Hank" column!  :-)"
12 minutes ago
Thumbnail

"Andries D. EKER, this is one of abt 12 Stainless Steel and Aluminium Steamer builds I have, one of…"
16 minutes ago
Ray Posey and Joe Nanzer are now friends
27 minutes ago
Thumbnail

"Aww!!!, "Thanks Nancy Kat", such a sad little "Puddy Tat", this is one of 3 sad…"
35 minutes ago
Profile IconBeanJean and Heath Curtis joined Shane Speal shanespeal.com's group
Thumbnail

Building a Cigar Box Guitar 101

This group is for discussing the basics of CBG building for newer builders - where to start, what…See More
38 minutes ago
Andries D. EKER commented on AGP #'s video
Thumbnail

"had a second lisned, like hank to !"
41 minutes ago
James Pobog posted a discussion

What I just got from our CFO...

Several of the front office are big cigar smokers. More where these came from.…See More
42 minutes ago
Andries D. EKER commented on AGP #'s video
Thumbnail

"thats why you got those holes ,lined up so nicely !! a steamer, never seen one ,only the japanese…"
43 minutes ago
Uncle John commented on AGP #'s video
Thumbnail

"Hey, I love the art of my Dave Lynas slides and I use them.  But my fave and best mistake…"
46 minutes ago

Music

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->