Hi all, this is my first post. Glad to join you. 

So I have a kind of a big box I’m starting with (about 18.5” x 11” x 4”), so I am going to try to build a full sized bass. I have a spare neck already, so I don’t have to build one. I’m hoping it will be pretty straightforward, but you know how that goes. 

Anyway, my question is mostly about aesthetics. The box is really a blank slate, so I’m trying to find some inspiration on tarting it up a little. So far, I’ve considered waterslide decals, or some kind of decoupage using old family memorabilia. I guess I’m just looking for ideas, advice, and/or feedback. Thanks for reading,

dave

Views: 389

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you tried searching the Pictures for ideas? 

Yeah, some great stuff there, but I don’t want to copy someone else ...

Very nice box. What was it used for? Just bear in mind, that it will probably need some bracing, for a bass. 2 or 4 string?

It was a box for a set of silverware. It’s pretty beefy, but yeah, the neck through to the bridge will be extra strong. I’m using a J-bass neck on it, 4-strings.

Through to the bridge or through to the tail?

I’m hoping the bridge will be the tail, if that makes sense. I still have to lay it out and see if the measurements work. (Making it up as I go along!)

When posting, use the html editor, after making the post, click it, then click the add reply. Then your posts will be seen. It is the only way that your posts will take.

Yes,bridge near the tail makes sense.

Anyway, thanks y’all. I’m still wondering how to approach the “artistic” side of it :-)

not copying anybody is allmost inposseble to do , sins there are so many years and builds  that predecide you but im not the on to discourage you. your work bench shows the traces of many a creative proces ,so we will be exspecting a Mindblower ! Dave !

If you can stand listening to her (lol), this approach works well for artwork.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qli-2VNODN8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qli-2VNODN8

I have made basses like what you have in mind a few times, as long as you got something strong to mount the neck and bridge onto, that box will work beautifully for a full size bass

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 21. 11 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

CB Bass Guitar

Started by Mi Rankin in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Justin Stanchfield Jan 27. 5 Replies

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->