hello CBGers,

I am just getting back into building after a long layoff and would like to "brand" my CBGs with a signature headstock design.  Knowing that many heads are smarter than one (especially mine), I'm asking for your help.

Will you post to this discussion pictures or drawings of a unique headstock design?  The only requirement is that it needs to be adaptable to any CBG using 1-4 strings.  At the end of the month I'll pick one that will become the flag for the Wichita Sam CBG revival.

Oh, to encourage participation and fun, the first CBG that I build using the winning design will go to the person who offered the design.  Don't hesitate to offer any design you think is cool.

Thanks,

the Best,

Wichita Sam

Views: 1676

Replies to This Discussion

Cool shapes , thanks

Hey Sam. Why don't you research your family name a bit. See what pops up. You might find crests or symbols given to your name with a defining characteristic element.

You could also go for something stranger like writing a word in hieroglyphic to hexadecimal or just plain old Morse code right down your fretboard.

You could also just adopt an animal as a totem and use that.

I hope this gives you a bit of inspiration. Good luck.

The Morse code is way cool.. "Sam" would be.. "... .- --" I could see that fit right into fretboard markers :) 

Not quite what he's looking for but.. 

Interesting idea. My family's crest is a wolf and the base of an Oak Tree.  We were Brits coming to America from before the Revolutionary War.  Cabinet makers.  My father was very gifted. could build anything with wood or metal.  Me?...not so much...

Hey Sam,
If you decide you want a stamp/brand incorporating specific elements, I'd be happy to work up an idea or two.

That's my world.

Cheers!
   Robert

I'm happy to announce that the anonymous pick's headstock design of the flaming "W" is my choice for my future Wichita Sam Signature CBG series. He will be receiving a fretted Diddley Bow fitted with a custom Ted Crocker wound pickup. Thanks to everyone who offered designs and suggestions. You guys are the best! Wichita Sam
Darn! Just missed the deadline. I was gonna suggest just using a radial arm or miter saw to cut a "W" groove in the headstock, then maybe hit it with a wood burner...

Congratulations, Pick!

I look forward to seeing the final product. :-)

Wow  , i'm  honored to be picked among all  these wonderful designs and ideas,

and to receive   such a wonderful, meaningful , landmark  piece  from  such an established builder,  with a story  behind it  , and a Crocker  pup to boot .   ;-)

It  will  be a treasured  piece to  my collection :-D thanx , and thanks for  all  for the  congrats .

Good job Pick. It is a simple and easy to duplicate design. Sam can take it as it is or "play" with the width and lengths of the flames to his own personal taste. Congrats to both of ya!

yup, thanx bama.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Discussion Forum

Cutting deep boxes in half

Started by Justin Stanchfield. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 20. 9 Replies

Attention 1st time builders!

Started by BrianQ.. Last reply by MadGomer Feb 27. 2 Replies

Brickhouse CBG Wiring

Started by Ian Boyd. Last reply by Ian Boyd Dec 11, 2023. 1 Reply

Fretless fret markers

Started by Michael Myers. Last reply by Michael Myers Apr 20, 2023. 8 Replies

canjo building and tuning

Started by Brenda. Last reply by MadGomer Dec 3, 2022. 5 Replies

Minimum tools needed

Started by Wichita Sam. Last reply by Taffy Evans Nov 14, 2022. 21 Replies

High G problem

Started by Michael Myers. Last reply by Taffy Evans Nov 3, 2022. 4 Replies

Doubling the high string

Started by Robert Killen. Last reply by Paul Craig Oct 14, 2022. 23 Replies

Aluminum License Plate

Started by Larry Sobol. Last reply by Larry Sobol Oct 1, 2022. 6 Replies

C. B. Gifty three string fretless kits.

Started by jon neet. Last reply by Taffy Evans Aug 16, 2022. 6 Replies

Frettin' and stainin'

Started by Doug Laffin. Last reply by Order99 Aug 11, 2022. 4 Replies

Bolt on neck to a set neck body?

Started by Paul Craig. Last reply by Paul Craig Jul 17, 2022. 14 Replies

Locations

Started by Roy Smith. Last reply by the anonymous pick May 15, 2022. 2 Replies

Help please re Bento Box Uke "nut"

Started by Al Lobe. Last reply by BrianQ. May 10, 2022. 18 Replies

Clarification on pick ups

Started by Michael Myers. Last reply by Taffy Evans May 6, 2022. 5 Replies

Licence plate cbg

Started by Michael Myers. Last reply by Michael Myers May 2, 2022. 5 Replies

Builder's Tips

Started by Wichita Sam. Last reply by MadGomer Feb 23, 2022. 2 Replies

Getting there but needing advice/help please.

Started by Lionhound. Last reply by MadGomer Feb 18, 2022. 8 Replies

Tres Cubano Build

Started by Paul Craig. Last reply by Paul Craig Dec 9, 2021. 18 Replies

CB Gitty Country Roads Banjo kit

Started by Ken Hope. Last reply by Christopher G Daniels Nov 29, 2021. 4 Replies

Latest Activity

Fantacone Box Works commented on Dar Stellabotta's video
1 hour ago
Fantacone Box Works commented on Ghostbuttons's photo
Thumbnail

Four projects

"Very nice"
1 hour ago
Dar Stellabotta posted a video

Wooden Guitar Slides from Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Demo!!!!

In this video I compare the three different wooden slides made by David Bell and Phil Young up against my Dunlop glass slide! I gotta say these wooden slides...
1 hour ago
Fantacone Box Works posted a status
"Thanks Brian. We'll that's mighty exclusive."
1 hour ago
Ghostbuttons commented on Ghostbuttons's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_2850

"Four recent projects. All 23 inch GDG. From left (bottom): 1.  20 years ago I worked for the…"
2 hours ago
Ghostbuttons posted a photo
2 hours ago
BrianQ. commented on Fantacone Box Works's status
"The know for a fact that the only way to participate is to join the FB group? I believe they do it…"
3 hours ago
Fantacone Box Works posted a status
"Hi, anyone have info on the CBG Swap Off. I stay away from Facebook. Mike"
4 hours ago
J. D. Woods replied to Nomad Jack's discussion Busking Songs...
8 hours ago
AGP # liked A.D.EKER's video
9 hours ago
AGP # liked 3 String Blues's video
9 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on 3 String Blues's video
Thumbnail

Delta Blues - The most beautiful sound in the world

"a crying Mermaid ! by a weeping Willow! Nice Red Dog !"
9 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->