My first attempt to a three string CBG . I used a EDGE box , I don't think it is the best box to use as far as sound . It sounds a little different. Oak neck and fret board ,medium/high #0141 fretwire , 3/4" door pullers to dress the holes . The finish I sanded the box a little flipped the lid over and shillac the whole box with clear shillac with three coats .

Views: 321

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dremel and cut off wheel helps.
http://www.cigarboxnation.com/photo/4-string-2-5?context=album&...

Kenyon Whaley said:
Thanks Ronnie for looking , yeah the door pulls are cool , just a pain to cut the bottoms off ... Thanks again man and goodluck with it all ...
The Nations' Chapel tried to open a 12 step for CBG addiction, but no one's in denial... Everyone knows they are addicted and have absolutely no desire to be cured...

the best,

Wichita Sam

Kenyon Whaley said:
Thanks for the support Wichita Sam , your words of wisdom will not go unheard just as soon as I can make one on the cheap or get one the same (HUMMER) . Thanks for all , do we have a addiction hot line yet ? Was already thinking about next build before I could finish the first one .
"Doctor, Doctor, gimme the cure. I got a bad case of....."

Wichita Sam said:
The Nations' Chapel tried to open a 12 step for CBG addiction, but no one's in denial... Everyone knows they are addicted and have absolutely no desire to be cured...

the best,

Wichita Sam

Kenyon Whaley said:
Thanks for the support Wichita Sam , your words of wisdom will not go unheard just as soon as I can make one on the cheap or get one the same (HUMMER) . Thanks for all , do we have a addiction hot line yet ? Was already thinking about next build before I could finish the first one .
I just put the pull into a piece of thin wood so the bottom sticks through and sand the bottoms off on the belt sander. It works great but I wear gloves cause it can get pretty hot.

Kenyon Whaley said:
Thanks Ronnie for looking , yeah the door pulls are cool , just a pain to cut the bottoms off ... Thanks again man and goodluck with it all ...
Kenyon, great job on your first build.
Just started my first build, also a 3 string. Trying to build from junk as redundance as kinda empty my pocket but yours looks the business hope mine looks half as good(and plays to) nice to see how high the bar is set! AD'B
It doesn't matter if you put junk in it, it's how well you put the junk together, Nice job keep on building.
I sure hope so, as they say 'the god in the detail!' and any thing I had any question about, I've found load of way around them thank to the wisdom of you good people of CBN

MichaelS said:
It doesn't matter if you put junk in it, it's how well you put the junk together, Nice job keep on building.
thanks ROB cool trick now if I can talk the wife into a belt sander , need one badly even for the fret work . Where did you get the brass corner covers at ? All your builds look awesome too man .

Rob said:
I just put the pull into a piece of thin wood so the bottom sticks through and sand the bottoms off on the belt sander. It works great but I wear gloves cause it can get pretty hot.

Kenyon Whaley said:
Thanks Ronnie for looking , yeah the door pulls are cool , just a pain to cut the bottoms off ... Thanks again man and goodluck with it all ...
Thanks Adrian keep on truckin' on , soon you will have it together . Learn for the mishaps , ask for help if you need it and there is a lifetime of information on this awesome site . I made mistakes on mine too , but take'em and move on . Any sound is a good one , may not be perfect but hey you built it . Good Luck If you need any help , I would be happy to help you any way possible .

Adrian birkin said:
Just started my first build, also a 3 string. Trying to build from junk as redundance as kinda empty my pocket but yours looks the business hope mine looks half as good(and plays to) nice to see how high the bar is set! AD'B
I use a hand belt sander clamped into my bench vise. I got the brass corners at the hardware store.

Kenyon Whaley said:
thanks ROB cool trick now if I can talk the wife into a belt sander , need one badly even for the fret work . Where did you get the brass corner covers at ? All your builds look awesome too man .

Rob said:
I just put the pull into a piece of thin wood so the bottom sticks through and sand the bottoms off on the belt sander. It works great but I wear gloves cause it can get pretty hot.

Kenyon Whaley said:
Thanks Ronnie for looking , yeah the door pulls are cool , just a pain to cut the bottoms off ... Thanks again man and goodluck with it all ...
Super! .............the purse I just made was a patel box, I liked the way the hinge edge is pinned and rounded...of course, not much left of the box after decorating! .....super first build!! yahoo!!
Laurie

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources


Forum

2021 Throwback Holiday Build-Off Contest!

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Alex Llama 18 hours ago. 31 Replies

Squaring the neck

Started by Fantacone Box Works in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Nov 19. 16 Replies

Completed Builds

Started by ThePracticalPeasant in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Derek Waters Nov 5. 6 Replies

Blog Posts

To Reach the Chord

Posted by Rich on November 12, 2021 at 10:20am 0 Comments

Seasonal build contest?

Posted by smilingdog1 on October 29, 2021 at 9:20am 9 Comments

Leonard Cohen Life

Posted by Keith Rearick on October 7, 2021 at 11:18am 2 Comments

Music

© 2021   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->