Hi all,
Due to the response to my video Ace of spades and after a suggestion from Steve we are asking if anyone would be interested in making an album called A TRIBUTE TO MOTÖRHEAD with the intention of using just CBGs ,
The album is open to everyone and to cover their vast array of songs,
Even if you don't know Motörhead go on and have a go I garrantee you will get goosebumps playing,
DON'T YOU THINK YOUR SPEAKERS IN YOUR AMP NEED A WORKOUT
The object is for us to all have fun,
The songs can be either acoustic or full rock n roll blues mayhem,
Let me know who's interested and what song you want to play,
Then you can upload them into OUR album for everyone to enjoy,
Good luck and happy rockin,
Oh and Paul smith you've got the job for harmonica on Ace of spades acoustic lol,
Cheers everyone,
Regards
Ian

Views: 5003

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you can count me in cause im soo bad, baby i dont care

just finished the backing track for my entry. man, this has been a ton of fun. now for the tricky bit - vocals!

have we got a deadline?

Hi there,
Don't forget your jack Daniels ,
There isn't a deadline currently for the people who are doing this,
There will be a cut off at some point but I'm hoping to give everyone a fair chance once we get to that stage I will let you know,
Good luck can't wait to hear this one

Yep, it's done:

SUGIMUGI - "Nightmare / The Dreamtime"

One and only take with my new 4-string CBG (GCGC) which I'm going to sell at the local tobacco store. The voices were overdubbed. It's not as rough as you might expect a Motorhead-song, but, nevertheless, I hope you'll like it in this delta blues style. Cheers!!!

Sorry, had to do it again. The voice was too loud. Now it's better...

Attachments:
Hi thoresten,
That is an awesome track well thought out ,
It's going on my iPod now ,
You've just raised the bar with that one (lemmy mark two)

here is my version of IM SO BAD BABY I DONT CARE. i used my 3 string cbg thru my peavy rage 108 mic'ed with a shure pg 48. i recorded that at the same time with my suitcase kick drum mic'ed up with a really good old radio shack mic. sang vocals thru the same peavy, and bass is a two string frettless plank stuck up under one of the straps of the aforementioned suitcase and recorded acoustic with my recorder's onboard condenser mic.

Attachments:
Jeff,
Just listened to it ,
Hey love the amp sounds like a tread plate mesaboogie ,
Great version and love the vocals and the syncopation my man I am enjoying this so much all the versions on here and yours is right up there well done,
Awesome

HEY YOU... BETTER THAN MOTORHEAD!...°<[:-) [---]==={

Count me in! "Iron Horse", perhaps?

Hi Henry,
What a classic great song,
Hope you can growl like lemmy lol,
You ride the road that don't have no end what a vocal iron horse born to lose lemmy lemmy ,
Classic stuff got you down for that,
Good luck

shaping up as a real eclectic album! ian, can you add a tracklist of what everybody is doing?(maybe to the 1st post),

i'm getting lost trying to remember all the songs being recorded.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Latest Activity

A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

There i was Standing at the ..... BCB - A. D. Eker 2024

"Thanks AGP# Glad you liked  my version ! appreciated !"
36 minutes ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's video
Thumbnail

I Can Only Imagine: 2-String Chugger License Plate Cigar Box Guitar

"You are very observant Andries! Some of the Slingers are more consistent than others and I…"
1 hour ago
David L. replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Song lyrics for Steve's new song
"Not sure how accurate the lyrics are (link to the lyrics site at the bottom) "Internet…"
1 hour ago
David L. liked David Hopkins's photo
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
J. D. Woods posted a discussion

Song lyrics for Steve's new song

Hey Cigar Boxers,Just listened to Seasick Steve's new song, Internet Cowboys. Does anybody know…See More
2 hours ago
AGP # commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

"A Different, but very Likeable take on a Classic Blues Song :-)"
2 hours ago
AGP # liked A.D.EKER's video
2 hours ago
T-Gripped liked David Hopkins's photo
8 hours ago
Jim Weaver updated their profile
9 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

"I tryed something differend whit the crossroad consept, thanks for listening ! appreciated !"
10 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->