I ran into an old wood silverware box for $2, so I couldn't pass it up.  It is 10 1/2, by 14 3/4, by 3.  I have no use (plans) for a box this big so I'm putting it out there for someone who's looking for one.. People were nice to me ,( advice and encouragement,) during my first build  so I'm trying to pay it forward.  I don't know how to do pictures accept with my phone, So I don't know what to do about that.  It's nice wood, not banged up at all. Just tell me what you want it for.  I'd like it to go to a project needing a box this size

Views: 97

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hi Gordon, I probably live no where near you so don't send it. But if I had it this is what I would do with it.

Its the same size as this resonator style guitar, only its 2 1/2" deep. Uses a large dog bowl, There, there's food for thought for someone.

Really nice work.  I have a dog dish resonator guitar cbg similar to yours not as well made I'm sure. I bought it and I thought, I can do better work than that and off I went.   Is the 8 stringer tuned like a mandolin.  Clever.   best to you   Gordon

Hi Mr Evens, I think you and I spoke some months ago. Do you live in Australia? 

Yep, North Queensland.

hello again,  I'll check to see what the " snail mail " postal rate is, and I'll get back to you.  what kind of weather do you have in Queensland,  Things are getting really ugly here. It's like watching a movie ," It couldn't happen here"..  I guess I'm not fascist material.  Talk to you later,  Gordon

I bought one for 50 cents at a Goodwill store awhile back, nobody at the store knew what it was(they were all young). LOL

I made a 6 string BO Diddly tribute guitar out of mine. Used the Gitty/Foundry Tone Toaster Bucker pickups(minibuckers that look like Filtertrons). They work great with 500k pots/.022cap and adjusted as far up as you can get them.

Wow, that is truly beautiful.  You know, I;m an acoustic guitar player, and I like the Idea of make your own roots type instruments.  I tried to convince the editor of Acoustic guitar mag. to have one article a month about this "cult" guitar thing and see how it goes.  I got no response, even with the magazine struggling.  They would rather fail than include something they feel is beneath the "dignity" of their type of guitar music.  Too bad, it's really a wonderful mag on so many levels.  I'm ranting, I guess.  I guess fun has to be secondary to tradition.  NOT AT MY HOUSE, or, I expect, yours either,eh.     Gordon

Lots of Magazines going under because of low interest from today's generation. They would rather read it on the internet. Had a few years of subscription to Rod & Custom Magazine that went out of business and gave me a year of  Street Rodder Magazine for what I had paid in advance. the later magazine was good, but not exactly what I wanted. I think they are about to go under too.

Some people only want to write about what interest them instead of what interest others.

I remember this one Paul. really liked the paint on this and the fretdots. 

Thanks Lonman, I didn't realize the pickup holes were slightly off til I framed them with those craft sticks. ;)

Most are going to Online Magazines. They find businesses to sponsor them. Just to show you, one that I read every month is,  http://crappienow.com/cn/july2019/   to give you an idea. If a person wants a copy of it, all you have to do, is use your printer, to make a copy of it.

That's true.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Wiring question

Started by James Pobog in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Paul Craig 2 hours ago. 9 Replies

Baritone first pix

Started by James Pobog in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Paul Craig 2 hours ago. 7 Replies

Mini powered scrollsaw

Started by Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner 5 hours ago. 4 Replies

UPDATE ON VAL

Started by the anonymous pick in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Diglydog on Monday. 25 Replies

Cigar Box Guitars for Warriors! A SOS!!

Started by Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner on Sunday. 8 Replies

Piezo Secrets from Cigar Box Nation Members

Started by Shane Speal shanespeal.com in Feature Articles. Last reply by BrianQ. on Saturday. 10 Replies

Blog Posts

Tab for Ry Cooder

Posted by Keith Gibson on September 30, 2019 at 12:44pm 2 Comments

Ducktail Run in James Dean Country

Posted by Rick Tish on September 29, 2019 at 9:57pm 1 Comment

Tiki mask guitar

Posted by Phil Stickings on September 27, 2019 at 12:39pm 5 Comments

Festival in the land that time forgot

Posted by Rick Tish on September 23, 2019 at 10:09am 2 Comments

Latest Activity

Keith Rearick liked Jason Mills's video
3 minutes ago
Keith Rearick liked Dave Lynas's video
4 minutes ago
neddy replied to neddy's discussion Fret sizes. in the group Building a Cigar Box Guitar 101
13 minutes ago
Alan Hergert replied to James Pobog's discussion Pick guard/cavity cover material
"Here you go...  25 cent Formica sample from Home Depot..."
22 minutes ago
neddy replied to neddy's discussion Fret sizes. in the group Building a Cigar Box Guitar 101
"I set my hieght of strings using playing cards 3 cards at nut fret and 7cards at 12th fret."
23 minutes ago
27 minutes ago
BrianQ. replied to neddy's discussion Fret sizes. in the group Building a Cigar Box Guitar 101
"I’m also using a phone? Screen is same for me whether iOS or Android? Is your action high…"
34 minutes ago
Keith Rearick liked Daniel Walter's photo
42 minutes ago
Keith Rearick liked Randy S. Bretz's photo
42 minutes ago
Keith Rearick liked David Hopkins's photo
43 minutes ago
Keith Rearick liked David Hopkins's photo
43 minutes ago
Keith Rearick liked Gary Thorne's photo
44 minutes ago

Music

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->