I ran into an old wood silverware box for $2, so I couldn't pass it up.  It is 10 1/2, by 14 3/4, by 3.  I have no use (plans) for a box this big so I'm putting it out there for someone who's looking for one.. People were nice to me ,( advice and encouragement,) during my first build  so I'm trying to pay it forward.  I don't know how to do pictures accept with my phone, So I don't know what to do about that.  It's nice wood, not banged up at all. Just tell me what you want it for.  I'd like it to go to a project needing a box this size

Views: 92

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hi Gordon, I probably live no where near you so don't send it. But if I had it this is what I would do with it.

Its the same size as this resonator style guitar, only its 2 1/2" deep. Uses a large dog bowl, There, there's food for thought for someone.

Really nice work.  I have a dog dish resonator guitar cbg similar to yours not as well made I'm sure. I bought it and I thought, I can do better work than that and off I went.   Is the 8 stringer tuned like a mandolin.  Clever.   best to you   Gordon

Hi Mr Evens, I think you and I spoke some months ago. Do you live in Australia? 

Yep, North Queensland.

hello again,  I'll check to see what the " snail mail " postal rate is, and I'll get back to you.  what kind of weather do you have in Queensland,  Things are getting really ugly here. It's like watching a movie ," It couldn't happen here"..  I guess I'm not fascist material.  Talk to you later,  Gordon

I bought one for 50 cents at a Goodwill store awhile back, nobody at the store knew what it was(they were all young). LOL

I made a 6 string BO Diddly tribute guitar out of mine. Used the Gitty/Foundry Tone Toaster Bucker pickups(minibuckers that look like Filtertrons). They work great with 500k pots/.022cap and adjusted as far up as you can get them.

Wow, that is truly beautiful.  You know, I;m an acoustic guitar player, and I like the Idea of make your own roots type instruments.  I tried to convince the editor of Acoustic guitar mag. to have one article a month about this "cult" guitar thing and see how it goes.  I got no response, even with the magazine struggling.  They would rather fail than include something they feel is beneath the "dignity" of their type of guitar music.  Too bad, it's really a wonderful mag on so many levels.  I'm ranting, I guess.  I guess fun has to be secondary to tradition.  NOT AT MY HOUSE, or, I expect, yours either,eh.     Gordon

Lots of Magazines going under because of low interest from today's generation. They would rather read it on the internet. Had a few years of subscription to Rod & Custom Magazine that went out of business and gave me a year of  Street Rodder Magazine for what I had paid in advance. the later magazine was good, but not exactly what I wanted. I think they are about to go under too.

Some people only want to write about what interest them instead of what interest others.

I remember this one Paul. really liked the paint on this and the fretdots. 

Thanks Lonman, I didn't realize the pickup holes were slightly off til I framed them with those craft sticks. ;)

Most are going to Online Magazines. They find businesses to sponsor them. Just to show you, one that I read every month is,  http://crappienow.com/cn/july2019/   to give you an idea. If a person wants a copy of it, all you have to do, is use your printer, to make a copy of it.

That's true.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

67% Les Paul Tribute

Started by Tom T in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner 1 hour ago. 7 Replies

built-in reverb

Started by JOHN POMEROY in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by JOHN POMEROY 10 hours ago. 7 Replies

Lid thickness question.

Started by Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner 13 hours ago. 12 Replies

Screw Inlays

Started by Brent Kasl in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Titch the Clown 16 hours ago. 4 Replies

Peloton Bike

Started by Grace Acebedo in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Grace Acebedo on Friday. 6 Replies

Holding the CBG

Started by Jack Brady in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner on Thursday. 4 Replies

Logo using tracing paper

Started by Titch the Clown in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner on Wednesday. 1 Reply

Blog Posts

My mistake at the markets

Posted by Rick Tish on August 22, 2019 at 9:27am 1 Comment

Indiana State Fair

Posted by Rick Tish on August 19, 2019 at 7:46pm 1 Comment

Buying in bulk

Posted by Rick Tish on August 17, 2019 at 6:31pm 3 Comments

Shellac

Posted by Rick Tish on August 15, 2019 at 7:00pm 1 Comment

Latest Activity

Dennis "Denbo" Goodinson liked Poorness Studios's photo
18 minutes ago
19 minutes ago
20 minutes ago
20 minutes ago
20 minutes ago
Poorness Studios posted photos
26 minutes ago
Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner replied to Tom T's discussion 67% Les Paul Tribute
"LOL I do to! Its called firewood!"
1 hour ago
Tom T replied to Tom T's discussion 67% Les Paul Tribute
"Hey, cutting things too short is how I get the scraps to build things like this. And boy do I have…"
1 hour ago
Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner replied to ruth quick's discussion newbie trying to find 3 string CBG song 'Belfast Child' by Simple Minds or how to convert it from 6 string???
"""Fair warning""! DO NOT under 'any' circumstances get these guys…"
1 hour ago
Dennis "Denbo" Goodinson commented on Dennis "Denbo" Goodinson's video
1 hour ago
Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner replied to Tom T's discussion 67% Les Paul Tribute
"Holy smoke! That is one hell of a job! The "only" thing I can do with a piece of wood is…"
1 hour ago
Dennis "Denbo" Goodinson posted a video

Jimmy Jam 3

4 string CBG. Playing around with the Ry Cooder tuning (and incidently for CBN folk, the Andries D Eker) Open D Tuning ADF#A
1 hour ago

Music

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->