I am looking to see if there is any interest in putting together a blues album of CBG music.  I know we just did a Christmas album, but I am betting that there are some folks out there that have some blues material that is looking for a home. It could be Delta Blues, Chicago Blues, Texas Blues, Jump Blues, whatever blues.

This would be the regular "free to download" kind of album we have done in the past.

I also think it could tie into the collaboration effort that Mark Bliss has going in the recording studio group. It would be awesome to have some group efforts represented along with singles.

http://www.cigarboxnation.com/group/cbnationrecordingcollective

This is just to see what kind of interest there is. Just post here if you are inclined to participate.

Views: 505

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm in. Only Cigar Box Instruments? Or others accepted? I have done some recordings/demos for my band Trickster Flint last summer. I've got a nice CBG-powered track remixed on my computer with drum samples and my son playing some trombone-notes. But I'll possibly do new recordings during the easter holidays if that's not after the deadline.

Well, it should have a CB instrument in it, but you could certainly have other instruments in the track also.

I would love to. I have a country blues thing I kind of like that has no where else it has to be right now.

Count me in! I've been achin' to participate in a CBG compilation since finishing the BWJ compilation. I'll add a link to this discussion on the Blues Exchange group to see who else may be iterested.

Good deal!

I'd like to contribute. Sounds fun...

that's what I play

April first will be fine with me

I'm hoping to get something recorded for this....

I'm in...

OK, I think we got ourselves a game.

Does anyone think a deadline of April 1 is not realistic? I want to give folks enough time to get their contributions ready and submitted.

I think thats reasonable it gives all a month and a half.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 21. 11 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

CB Bass Guitar

Started by Mi Rankin in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Justin Stanchfield Jan 27. 5 Replies

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->