I don't always have a chance to get to them. But when I do I can usually come home with a bargain or two. Last night was a good night. Paid $3 for a Ryobi drill. Works! Paid $12 for 329 CDs. Out of all of them I'm keeping 47. That's still .26 a CD. And the best buy of the night 

Paid $15 for it. Got me an equipment mover. Should come in handy this next weekend. Going to get new tires for it today. Even with the new tires it's still way under what it would have cost to buy new.

Paid $15 for 5 bar clamps. Can never have enough clamps. Nice heavy duty ones. Two 12 inch and three 18 inch. 

Views: 162

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice finds and nice prices.  The sander is a killer find. Saves helluva work.

Thanks ILL Green. Getting good tools at a great price is always fun. But like anything else knowing the tool's quality is paramount. I was at an auction that was selling two chain saws. Both saws were the very same size. Very same condition. The first saw got bids of $100+. The second saw? The auctioneer couldn't get a $10 bid. So he asked why. Someone in the crowd said, "Because it's a Homelite". Someone eventually paid $5 for it.

If you don't know the tool it's aways best to do a bit of research first. Do a tool or power tool rating search. So if your ever at an auction that's selling choice between two power tools in the very same condition. You get the high bid. The choice is between Ryobi and Bosch. You'll know to choose the Bosch. And you'll know why it's the better choice. Not nocking Ryobi. Get's the job done. I have both a Ryobi and Dewalt drill. They both drill holes. But the difference in the drills is night and day. 

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Hendrix

Started by Lennox Gavin in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Tim Pannabecker yesterday. 3 Replies

Problem CGB

Started by Thomas Rasmussen in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Thomas Rasmussen on Thursday. 18 Replies

Nylon Strings

Started by Mark Rinehart in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by the anonymous pick on Thursday. 1 Reply

South Africa

Started by Marius in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by the anonymous pick Mar 12. 1 Reply

Latest Activity

Derek Rose commented on Derek Rose's video
Thumbnail

Into the Mystic - on a 3 string

"Thank you Smilingdog :)"
1 minute ago
Korrigan commented on Korrigan's photo
Thumbnail

Brittney

"Thanks Andries!"
4 minutes ago
Thumbnail

Brittney

"Thanks UJ!"
4 minutes ago
Thumbnail

Brittney

"Thanks UJ! True, it might not get played but it's very playable and I'm hopeful.…"
5 minutes ago
micky rooney commented on micky rooney's video
Thumbnail

David Gallaher Trail of Tears

"No doubt you people have already seen this but it's well worth another look....Inspirational…"
6 minutes ago
micky rooney posted a video

David Gallaher Trail of Tears

David Gallaher performs "Trail of Tears" at the Classical Blues Cabaret show at the flying monkey arts Center, huntsville, AL
8 minutes ago
Dave Lynas liked Tim Mooset's photo
40 minutes ago
Dave Lynas commented on BeetleJuice!'s photo
Thumbnail

Ghost Town Blues

"I’ve used those boxes for two builds. Nice cedar boxes. Good tone."
41 minutes ago
Dave Lynas commented on the anonymous pick's photo
Thumbnail

swamp witch arcadia 3 a

"The pickup looks awesome."
43 minutes ago
Dave Lynas liked the anonymous pick's photo
43 minutes ago
Dave Lynas commented on the anonymous pick's photo
Thumbnail

swamp witch arcadia 3 c

"You’ve become a pin ball wizard Pick. This is a beauty!"
44 minutes ago
Dave Lynas liked the anonymous pick's photo
44 minutes ago

Events

Music

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->