If you like please post a SHORT explanation of how you got the CBG building, playing addiction.

I had many guitar parts, maybe enough to build 5 or 6 guitars. While in a smoke shop that had a walk in humidor and I saw my first cohiba red dot box and bought it not for a guitar but a just a stash box.

Few days later at a large garage sale bought a guitar body with neck for $6. When I laid the guitar on the bench next to the box the light came on RTZ#1 . First guy to play it like it so I gave it to him.

Then I found this site while trying to put a Smoky Amp in a Acid box and learned about the 386chip.  In 8 years I have built about 34 sting instruments with the help of ya'll thanks.   RTZ

Views: 953

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

sometimes guitat pedals have been called stomp boxes because you stomp on the switch to turn them on and off.. 

i currently have too many projects on the go but one of them is to refurbish an amp i have. it was a 30W transistor amp with a 10" speaker. amp died so i built a 20W amp kit for it and i am going to build in a digitech RP50 foot pedal. current slow up is i have to relocate 13 leds and get a new metal frame built. i have a new switch pcb made but these leds are not only indicators for editing efects but also the built in tuner... one of these days i will get around to finishing it..

It's still an effect in a little box that gets activated by your stomping foot either way. LOL

I've been on that one before.

Lots of places selling kits these days too. Smallbear and Stewmac sell them. Somebody had to take up Radio Shack's slack.Haha

Try radio shack.com

yeah, we have Jaycar.com.au here in Aussie. and a couple of others. sell all types of electronics kits and premade stuff, toys, arduino etc...

Tim, watch out for those roundtoits, they have a way of bitting you in the ass! I was in my storage shed earlier this morning( I go about once a lifetime) and found a project I was supposed to do for a friend. I had completely forgotten about it. To make a long story short. He has moved and doesn't speak to me anymore. So as a warning "Roundtoits" come with side effects.

yep, havent got a round tuit. got a square one in the shed but it doesnt work..lol

spent most of my spare time lately building a set of cupboards in the back of the garage ( the missus scrapbook and craft room) to store some of here stuff!  its about 15 foot long and 3 feet deep in US speak, 4.5m by 900 mm in Aussie.the sooner i get that knocked off the sooner i can finish my 3 string bass

LOL Never had much luck with the square roundtoits either, it's just something about them!

Tim, post some pics of those cupboards on my "What's On Your Workbench" thread.

might but they aint pretty .lol

35mm x 70mm non structual timber an chipboard shelves. havent put the doors on yet or covered the carcasses . doors are just internal house doors... missus says she is going to sand them and then paint white..  will believe it when i see it..lol

she already has the shelves stuffed full before the doors are on!!will see if i can sneak a photo or two and add them later..

Any little project you do might help someone else or give somebody some ideas, but you don't have too. No pressure.

"No pressure" ,NIKE's second choice slogan.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Slide off decals

Started by Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion 58 minutes ago. 0 Replies

Break angle for bridge

Started by Fantacone Box Works in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner 1 hour ago. 5 Replies

Day 1: Whiskey Tin Diddley Bass

Started by JP Lace Master in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner 1 hour ago. 3 Replies

Frets and fretboard

Started by Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion yesterday. 0 Replies

Fret Sides Dressing

Started by Brent Kasl in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Fantacone Box Works yesterday. 6 Replies

Navigating this forum

Started by Fantacone Box Works in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Fantacone Box Works on Sunday. 5 Replies

30.5" scale lay-out help needed please!

Started by Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner Jul 6. 15 Replies

Free Cigar Box Tablature Library

Started by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Brad Schoonmaker Jul 4. 12 Replies

Blog Posts

apology

Posted by Danny Gordon on July 13, 2019 at 7:30pm 3 Comments

Latest build

Posted by Sean Murphy on July 5, 2019 at 8:34am 5 Comments

A Tale of Two Ukes

Posted by Poorness Studios on June 25, 2019 at 10:00am 2 Comments

Latest Activity

Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner posted a discussion

Slide off decals

Oh baby! As many of you well know I've been looking for volume knob decals for my builds. I was…See More
58 minutes ago
Dave Lynas liked Beetlejuice!'s video
1 hour ago
Dave Lynas liked Uncle John's video
1 hour ago
Dave Lynas liked Downtown Vinnie's video
1 hour ago
Dave Lynas commented on Uncle John's video
Thumbnail

No CBG - Locomotive

"We have a Mallet (Malley) like that at The Depot railroad museum. They pulled iron ore from the…"
1 hour ago
Clarky posted a video

Can't Stop - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Cigar Box Guitar Cover

ADGB tuning Gear used... 1. Cheap cigar box guitar 2. Boss Super Overdrive, Proco Rat 3. Roland Cube 40xl
1 hour ago
Dave Lynas commented on Dave Lynas's video
Thumbnail

Squirrel’s Picnic

"Thanks Uncle John. We had Monday music at the lake yesterday. A beautiful day with great grilling…"
1 hour ago
Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner replied to Fantacone Box Works's discussion Break angle for bridge
"LOL Taff, isn't it past your bedtime down under? What if he was to make a tail piece? They…"
1 hour ago
Taffy Evans replied to Fantacone Box Works's discussion Break angle for bridge
"Just a thought. If you was to use a fixed bridge or a movable bridge, would they not both sit in…"
1 hour ago
Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner replied to JP Lace Master's discussion Day 1: Whiskey Tin Diddley Bass
"Thanks. I for some reason thought my buddy was building them wrong. For whatever reason his cans…"
1 hour ago
JP Lace Master replied to JP Lace Master's discussion Day 1: Whiskey Tin Diddley Bass
"The string goes through the bottom of the tin. everything is mounted to that tin in one way or…"
1 hour ago
Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner replied to Fantacone Box Works's discussion Break angle for bridge
"Del Puckett has an excellent video on a back anglè on the neck ŵhich not only give you…"
2 hours ago

Music

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->