I have seen so many different guitar styles since joining this site. I dunno if its been asked before, but my question is this;

Other than a requested design, what makes you build that particular build? Do you ask for design ideas?

Do you build around box? Do you design and build your own box? Do you build the same ones over and over or do you build something different each time?

Here's my take. So far I built my first one with the idea of using an old doublehumbucker I had "laying" around. Having already purchased a random collection of ten boxes, I looked at each box and saw an idea.

Some became guitars, some amps. 

I personally build around an idea that pops into my head. Once there, I have to create it. 

The most recent is called Frog's Leg's (Blues Frog that is..) 

I had a build idea, which I decided to double and call the twins. 

The resulting long winded story, ends in me me coming up with what I call "Frog's Legs"  

When I get seriously into something, it doesn't shut off when I go to sleep. I have solved many an"issue" in my sleep. With this set of guitars, the design also came while I slept. Can't say its the best idea, but "Frogs Legs" became the design.

So this is what the idea became. I've finished the first one, and will finish the second one soon. It's a twin to the first, but each will have their own sound.

So, what makes you build what you build. Share the idea behind one of your designs, and how it came to be.

Views: 1556

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice blog Pavlo. You got some nice guitar chops. Those wide open spaces would get the creative juices flowin into a cbg or two. Envious as frickin hell lol.

Thanks a lot man! Thanks for checking it out. It is always great to get some feedback from a fellow player/builder.

Just watch the video of build #2. Nice resonator.

Sound is sweet, and I like what you did with the headstock.

Sweet sounding amp, by the way.

Hey Blues Frog, There is no reply option for me to respond to your newest comments, but thanks for watching the video and the compliments on build #2! It's great to get some feedback from someone that has been building them for a while.  I'll be finished with #3 by early next week. I love the sounds I can get out of that microcube. #3 is going to have a magnetic pickup, so I am pretty exited to hear how that is going to sound.

Haha, cat gut strings! You may very well get everyone going on cats again. My dogs want to kill them every time they see one. I'm trying to think of one now, but the cat has got my tongue.

Also, I was thinking about the frog guitar the past couple days. Thinking about how bullfrogs are deep and throaty, I am thinking a 2 or 3 string fretless bullfrog bass. You can use a slide on those things and it sounds great. 

The BullFrog. I like it.

Thanks Rat.

I didn"t think to try another player, but it has worked for me in the past.

I didn't do anything different on this video, from my others, so not sure what would cause his issues.

I should probably update my software.......

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 21. 11 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

CB Bass Guitar

Started by Mi Rankin in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Justin Stanchfield Jan 27. 5 Replies

Latest Activity

A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

Im Troubled (Tribute) Mc K Morganfield by BCB - A.D .Eker 2024.

"Thank you Poorness ! for loving it ! appreciated!"
10 hours ago
Southern Ray replied to Timothy Hunter's discussion just came accross this pickup idea on youtube.
" Very interesting. Thank you Timothy!"
10 hours ago
Kent Thurston updated their profile
11 hours ago
Southern Ray posted a photo

Punch Project!

She now sports gold metal CBGitty knobs, speaker and an Artec 2.5 watt speaker. Finished this in…
12 hours ago
Southern Ray posted a photo

Project Punch!

Gonna finally get back on this long-delayed project that is more than half complete. (The matching…
12 hours ago
Poorness Studios liked A.D.EKER's video
14 hours ago
BrianQ. left a comment for Rob (Uker) Porras
"Hope this helps?"
14 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's photo
Thumbnail

Dueling Flatheads

"I appreciate the kind words Papa D! I have always loved the look of these cigar boxes. Glad to have…"
17 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
20 hours ago
A.D.EKER posted a video

Im Troubled (Tribute) Mc K Morganfield by BCB - A.D .Eker 2024.

The recorded History By Alan Lomax for the library of Congres of the Blues, from Mc Kinley Morganfield (Aka Muddy Waters) the in this take recorded Tribute ...
20 hours ago
Papa D commented on Doug Thorsvik's photo
Thumbnail

Dueling Flatheads

"Beautiful..Nice work Doug.."
yesterday
Papa D commented on Papa D's photo
Thumbnail

american1 Sun Glo

"Thanx AGP & Doug..  4 more coming soon"
yesterday

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->