So I ordered 10 wooden cigar boxes and they're all gorgeous but I'm not sure what the best use is for the really shallow ones. Like this stunning red PDR box only has 1-1/4" of interior space....

Views: 1558

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm with grandpa, stack 'em up. Two, three, maybe more who knows.

Sounds good! I have two skinny boxes that are almost the same dimensions.... I'll think about this some more.... Thanks!

I only have two guitars made out of cigar boxes. One deep, one shallow. The shallow is way more comfortable to play. And because there's more surface area it's louder than the tall box. 

Wayfinder.....A flat pickup you say? It mounts to the top surface without cutting a hole you say? It is small and mounts with adequate string clearance? Sounds like a winner. Tell me, sir, might there be, perhaps, an online store where a cbg builder might obtain one, perhaps in exchange for U.S. currency? 8D

Also, look here on CBN for the Uncle Crow style build, with the neck outside the box:

http://www.cigarboxnation.com/forum/topics/easy-to-build-cigar-box-...

Remember, if there's a box, there's always a way to think outside it. ;-)
Beautiful! Nice clean design!
Cool! Thx Oily, I love that there all these different ways to approach Cbg builds. Thanks for the uncle crow link!
Looks like I'll be getting red oak until I can find a source for better woods!
Thx Wayfinder. And I won't do this to anymore necks (pic)
Attachments:

Nice! I'll see if I can find 1/2 x 2 at the Lowes/Depot. Thanks!

Wow. Very deep cut. But still, if it didn't bend or snap, then it works.

Fomhorach, that cut was the death of that neck. Bowed as soon as I put strings on it!

Ahh.. Bad luck

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Busking Songs...

Started by Nomad Jack in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by J. D. Woods on Wednesday. 7 Replies

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->