I've been a member for 5 days... i am being overwhelmed with e-mails from CBN--- IN SPITE OF having clicked on all the supposedly requisite buttons to the contrary.

i've enjoyed learningfrom this group since October as a non-member.

now, i feel like a tagged domestic sheep..... why is that ????....
it is the antithesis of revolutionary... it is like being caught in a tuna net.

I'm not anyone important, i have yet to 'contribute', so it is not as i will be missed...
but if this is happening to any or all of you, how can you stand it ???? ....zandi z.

Views: 182

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I don't have that problem, and have been on here quite a few months....but you will get messages if you join up to a group. I get a few emails every day from here..but I wouldn't say I'm overwhelmed.
Same here.... I only get messages when I do something like join a group. I make sure that I click on the 'stop following' button when I get an email I dont want though - keep on top of it and it should be trouble free :o)
CJ.. i understand that this is not happening to everyone...
i understand that a few e-mails a day to you is acceptable.
it is unacceptable to me
BECAUSE, MY preferences settings are being aked for, then being ignored....zandi z.
There should only be one button you have to click to not receive e-mails from this site. Go to settings/e-mail and scroll to the bottom where it says "I do not i wish to receive e-mails from Cigarboxnation". If you click Apply all should be good.
My POINT IS that i have done that
and clicked "stop folowing" buttons, too,
but my 'choices' being ignored.
is this a new form of granny-bashing?...zand z.

Jacob Blackwood said:
There should only be one button you have to click to not receive e-mails from this site. Go to settings/e-mail and scroll to the bottom where it says "I do not i wish to receive e-mails from Cigarboxnation". If you click Apply all should be good.
Could just be a bug in the system or something. I dont mind getting emails as it helps me keep up with the site when i dont have time to wander around on it.

If you don't want to receive emails from here at all, just mark the next one as SPAM and they'll all go to your junk folder.
Might want to send Shane an email on this.
Hey Zandi, I don't mind getting emails from the different groups, because it lets me keep up with what is going on.
Zandi, After you have gone to your "settings/email" page and selected "I do not wish to receive emails from CigarboxNation", be sure to click the save button. log out of CBN, restart your browser and then log back in and go to the settings/email page again.......are the settings the way you left them....or have they magically changed back?
So how many are you getting per day? You say you're being overwhelmed, but nothing about the amount. A few email should be acceptable. 50 -- no. 20 -- no. ~10 is not unusual depending on what you respond to. By the way, once you respond to something you are "following" that conversation. You can opt out of following and that does work. If you join a group, you are again following that group. If you comment on a picture, you are also following.

Remember to "Stop Following" when you reply to something. Try it and see if that works.

-WY

Zandi Z said:
it is unacceptable to me
BECAUSE, MY preferences settings are being aked for, then being ignored....zandi z.
Wes, you all have been very kind, pointing out the things i could do, and i am very grateful.
What was frustrating to me was that i was already being very diligent about doing all those things and yet i was still getting 'sticky gum on my shoes'.
I took everyone's suggestions to heart and applied them...several times over.
i'm keeping my fingers crossed, because i have not gotten any e-mails from CBN in the past 4 hours, so something did the trick !!!!... i thank you all for your advice.
the numbers of e-mails started out at about a dozen and tapered out to about 6 per day (after i learned about how to stop some of them)... not much, i agree, for some of you, but i HAD clicked on 'no e-mails' and 'stop following' and had an expectation of getting none.
thank you again, for addressing my concerns.
you are a totally inspirational group... whether i 'sign in' or not, know i am a BIG fan, and that i am cheering you on from the sidelines....zandi z.

Wes Yates said:
So how many are you getting per day? You say you're being overwhelmed, but nothing about the amount. A few email should be acceptable. 50 -- no. 20 -- no. ~10 is not unusual depending on what you respond to. By the way, once you respond to something you are "following" that conversation. You can opt out of following and that does work. If you join a group, you are again following that group. If you comment on a picture, you are also following.

Remember to "Stop Following" when you reply to something. Try it and see if that works.

-WY

Zandi Z said:
it is unacceptable to me
Zandi,

For some reason, it sometimes takes several hours for the changes to be effective.... Don't know why, but that's the way it is..... As far as "Is this a new form of granny-bashing?"... I seriously doubt it. There's no upside for anyone to bash, bag or tag a granny..... lol ;-) ...

Hope it works out for you.
the best,

Wichita Sam

Zandi Z said:
My POINT IS that i have done that
and clicked "stop folowing" buttons, too,
but my 'choices' being ignored.
is this a new form of granny-bashing?...zand z.

Jacob Blackwood said:

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 21. 11 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

CB Bass Guitar

Started by Mi Rankin in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Justin Stanchfield Jan 27. 5 Replies

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->