Hi. I'm Blues Frog and I can't stop thinking about, (and building) cigar box guitars.

I first discovered Cigar Box Guitars in Dec ember when I was Christmas shopping. Since then I've built 5 and bought two.

Recently I bought materials to build 4 more, but am working on 6 more. I need HELP, and there's more in the making. I can't make it through the night without thinking of a new design.

I recently started some new necks. I started at 4, and has grown to 5, but there's a sixth one that I have in my head.

Somebody help me. I've tried drinking, drugs, and other addictions, but nothing can fulllfill the need to build MORE cigar box guitars. What can a poor musician do?

Views: 959

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi my name is Shawn I have been building CBC for 8 years and even play them in a band. My addiction has even infected friends that were die hard fender guys. One guy has not picked up his Telicaster for over a year and now owns 3 of my 4 string guitars( he is my rhythm guitarist now) he blames me. I do not want to stop and am ever on the look out for parts and look forward to trash days in my area.
Bad habit
Attachments:

He looks like he died happy

I'm not a CBGoholic...  I can quit anytime choose.  In fact after I finish making this next three CBG's I'll quit making them altogether.  You'll see...

" In fact after I finish making this next three CBG's I'll quit making them altogether.  You'll see..."

He says, as he breaks out in a cold sweat......

I fully expect to see myself or one of you guys/gals on the next episode of Hoarders. LOL

A house full of CBG's.

I have made one and have a 3/4 bass and a dog bowl resonator standard guitar tuning CBG both designed.  WHat I have really become addicted to are the stinkin' amps!!!  I can't resist ordering MAH5 amps, ripping apart speakers from the dump, and ordering cheap car speakers, and of course designing and making custom cabs in my wood shop!!!  It is especially addicting after I sold one of the ones I made for $250 last week!  GIMME MORE MORE MORE!!!!!  I NEED AN AMP FIX NOW!!!!  Is there an AA for CBG/AMP addicts?  Like a support group?  CBG/AMP Anonymous...

...and then there are yard sales and antique/pawn shops.  Deadly right there!  We were at an apple festival a few weeks back and there was a yard sale on the way and this woman's ex boyfriend had thought about making electric CBG's but failed to get started.  So she was selling all his parts, which I bought for $8!!  Six mag pickups, some horrible soldered wiring, a few pick gaurds, all in a cool mahogany box I plan on making into a speaker/amp cab!  Lol!  

Make a CBG out of that Mahogany box and stick a P90 in it. You'll be glad you did. Think Les Paul Jr. or SG Jr.

Mahogany is just too good to build a speaker/amp cab. We all really have a big problem. LOL

I'm already a candidate for that show. With all the stuff I make (i.e. CBGs, Lanterns, Cajons) My family wants me to sell them, but I haven't been able to bring myself to do so.

The day I stop sucking air is the day I'll quit building and designing box guitars. Too many good ideas and not enough time. How about tiger maple in a diamond pattern dyed blue? I know finish what you got started before you start something new! I plan to be covered in sawdust tomorrow and I am looking forward to it!! Must build Must build Must build AHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Don't know what you guys are talking about...I can quit anytime I want to. I've built 22 instruments and a couple of amps and quit after each build. I'll get back to you after these next 4 or 5 builds I have going.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 21. 11 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

CB Bass Guitar

Started by Mi Rankin in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Justin Stanchfield Jan 27. 5 Replies

Latest Activity

BrianQ. commented on Dar Stellabotta's video
39 minutes ago
BrianQ. liked Dar Stellabotta's video
40 minutes ago
Southern Ray commented on Southern Ray's photo
Thumbnail

Project Punch!

" Thank ya again Keith!"
2 hours ago
Southern Ray commented on Southern Ray's photo
Thumbnail

Punch Project!

" Thank Ya Keith!"
2 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on AGP #'s photo
Thumbnail

AGP #527 - ''Led-Zep 2''

"This build really strung you along Alan! Reminded me of all my fishing line experiments; a lot of…"
4 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

Im Troubled (Tribute) Mc K Morganfield by BCB - A.D .Eker 2024.

"Diggin’ the slow blues. I like that last pic Andries! Look at all those cool guitars. Yeah!!!"
4 hours ago
Dar Stellabotta posted a video

A Cigar Box Guitar Six Stringer Built by Louie Lamanna

This video is the unboxing and the demonstration of a beautiful, six stringer built by Louie Lamanna. Join Louie and I June 15 at the second annual Pittsburg...
5 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's video
Thumbnail

Hail the Resurrection Day: 2-String Violin Chugger Cigar Box Guitar

"Happy Easter to you too Andries! The passion is definitely in full swing. Turns out I’m…"
6 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on Doug Thorsvik's video
Thumbnail

Hail the Resurrection Day: 2-String Violin Chugger Cigar Box Guitar

"Happy Easter Doug ! the Passion is in full swing !"
7 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on Ricky D's photo
7 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
7 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked Doug Thorsvik's video
10 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->