Free PDF Download: Vintage Guitar Effects Plans - 1967 Fuzzbox and 1969 Treble Boost

These vintage plans from Popular Electronics Magazine have launched thousands of garage bands over the years.  In 1967, they first published the classic "Fuzzbox for Under $3" article and everyone was buzzing Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones.  Soon after, they hit again with "Treble Boost for Your Guitar" in 1969, paving the way for Brian May tones and louder, more rockin' solos.

So here you go...both sets of plans together in one simple PDF download for you.  Run to Amazon or your favorite electronics shop, buy up the transistors and make your cigar box guitar GRRRRROWL!

Kick out the jams, brothers and sisters...

Vintage Effects Plans - Fuzzbox and Treble Boost

Views: 1004

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Anyone who has Alfred E  Newman as their picture has a one check in the good column :-)

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Latest Activity

the anonymous pick commented on the anonymous pick's video
Thumbnail

Swamp witch guitar high desert

"yup ,, almost made it  ;-)"
1 hour ago
Dave Lynas commented on Dave Lynas's video
1 hour ago
Dave Lynas liked Dave Lynas's video
1 hour ago
Bob Johnston commented on Derek Rose's video
Thumbnail

Early Morning Rain - Gordon Lightfoot cover

"I  knew a good  balladeer like you would have made that investment.  "
1 hour ago
James Pobog replied to James Pobog's discussion Gilmour's harmonics
"broken link?"
2 hours ago
Uncle John commented on Dave Lynas's video
Thumbnail

Loosing One’s Memory is a Good Thing

"Good then.   No bids from Dave!"
2 hours ago
Uncle John commented on the anonymous pick's video
Thumbnail

Swamp witch guitar high desert

"I showed Linda and she pointed out that the skeleton was crawling to get water, but failed and died!"
2 hours ago
KOOL DOG HOOCH replied to Sean Murphy's discussion Table saw for fretting, blades, and power
"I mistakenly misnamed the tool. I was referring to a scrollsaw, that is why I mentioned the coping…"
4 hours ago
Soap Box Blues added a discussion to the group Homemade Guitars
Thumbnail

R u guys having problems uploading photos?

I can't seem to upload any photos in the group "homemade guitars", nor just direct on the…See More
4 hours ago
Derek Rose commented on Derek Rose's video
Thumbnail

Early Morning Rain - Gordon Lightfoot cover

"Thank you Bob. Love THAT reference! I still have both of the Gord's Gold albums on my old ipod"
4 hours ago
Taffy Evans replied to Sean Murphy's discussion Table saw for fretting, blades, and power
"Hi,  just a few comments. Chickenbone John is dead right about the accuracy needed if building…"
5 hours ago
Darryl Tuttle replied to Sean Murphy's discussion Table saw for fretting, blades, and power
"i was lucky enough to find a used stewmac blade at a garage sale...the luthier developed…"
5 hours ago

Music

Loading…

© 2020   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->