Dave passed away on Friday AM, 9/17/21. Thanks for all the well-wishers before and after his passing.

Dave, a friend to many on CBN and a good old rascal has been ill and AWOL from CBN. 

One of his home town (Duluth, Minnesota) friends messaged me today on FB and told me that his condition has been worsening.  

Dave hurt his back a while back and then got some better and went to music event with friends he had not seen for a while due to Covid.   Dave was joyous to go.   Shortly after that event, Dave got Covid.   

I thought Dave had got his vaccinations, but I may be wrong about that.   The poor guy also got hit very hard this year with the death of a loved one.   

Dave is a generous giver of his talents in music, CBG building, drawn and painted art, and pottery and SLIDE making.   He is known to draw cool art on packages he mails -such as slides and pottery.   

Prayers and good thoughts may be a big help.  Also include his sweet wife, Yannis.  

Views: 2660

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

May he sing and play with the angels.Thanks for all the beautiful tales,art, song,and instruments.We will miss him greatly. .There will be a big hole at CBN to fill..

Goodbye ol’ friend, you are loved & respected among peers & you will forever be part of my soundtrack…

Speechless

:'-{

Sad news... Dave was great fun to talk too, I just got a package from him only like 2 weeks ago and he said he was feeling back to go gardening in the afternoons and he was going out much everyday.... I just wanted to say thanks for being my friend and all of the art you shared in our lives has made so many peoples eyes happy, we will forever be fond of your memory here at the Cigar Box Nation!

God Bless You Dave Lynas!

Thanks for the update, thoughts and prayers are with his family. 

I always enjoyed seeing what drawings he’d come up with. He was a genuinely nice guy and will be missed.

Thanks Dave ! for all your kindness, and craftmanchip!

You will be missed! Hope to meet you again someday on the otherside ! strenght & prears to Yannis Kids & Famely.

Your legend lives on in your work & Instruments.

Thanks Bro ! Play On !

R.I.P friend, you touched my heart with all you did. We will miss you. Our thoughts and prayers will always be with you and your family. I’ll see you at Califest, love you Brother.

Sorry to learn of Dave's passing. Thanks for keeping us updated UJ. My sincere condolences to Dave's family and loved ones. Dave will be missed.

Dave blasting off into the great unknown on Friday morning, 9/17/21

sad day, he was a great and kind soul. RIP Dave I will think of you every time I play the fiddle you built for me

I'm not even sure what to say. This is terrible news and I send nothing but best wishes to his family and friends. Dave was a legend in this subculture and he will be sorely missed. I was happy I got to know him, albeit electronically, and sure others feel the same way. Unfortunately, there's going to be some long days ahead. Fortunately, we have lots of memories and they won't soon be forgotten. His artwork and handmade creations will long be a staple of CBN. Dave was definitely one in a million. Sleep well my friend.

We lost one of the greats in this hobby and to some a way of life. I am sadden to hear of Dave`s passing, he was a good-o-bro !!

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 21. 11 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

CB Bass Guitar

Started by Mi Rankin in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Justin Stanchfield Jan 27. 5 Replies

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->