Dead mans theme
On the beach
Train of love
Down by the river
Human highway

Views: 3772

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, thanks merle.  You do a great job with these albums and it's much appreciated.

My setup:

3 string coffee can lid rod piezo guitar tuned CFA (a step down from DGB)

Behringer mixer with some reverb and a little mid cut.

Condenser mic for vocals with a decent amount of reverb from the mixer.

Audacity to track.

Exported to Fruity Loops for more EQ, compression, limiter and a last dash of reverb to "glue' it all together

I purposely waited until the last minute to avoid what I usually do on these albums which is to over-think and over-produce.  If I had to do it again, I'd give myself a little more time and add a couple more parts, but I think simple is good for Neil.

great great album; it's wonderful to listen to all these songs played in everyone diverse styles; great work everyone and thanks Merle

sir Tom T; i recorded my track on laptop with audacity software;  tin guitar;  lagerphone; an old half-broken harmonica;  kalimba; and some others things laying around in the garage . .wished it to sound like a old machine; not satisfied with the result of my track but was a nice and fun challenge

i'm amazed how you all your tracks sounds so neat

Your now my second favorite Merle thanks so much dude it sounds great.

It getting to where I know who did the song just by sound a few new ones I'm not used to but everyone just keep recording these recording are getting better and better.

So I did my record weeks ago and good thing as I wouldn't be able to have recorded these past few weeks.

I used Presonus Studio One Software, Rode and Shure microphones.

A 4 string cohiba box acoustic for rhythm and to over dub the short breaks between verses

A 3 string Oakie bass through Art tubepac preamp/compressor

A 6 string cohiba box for intro lead and ending lead through Art tubepac and Peavey Vypyr amp

Thanks again Merle you Rock!

Thank you all for producing this cool music collection - and especially you, Merle, for being the curator and producer! 

Dead Man's Theme was recorded this way:

3-string Shrink Kitten "Cheetah" CBG (acoustic tracks)

4-string Shrink Kitten "Thunderkitty" Baritone CBG (deep and dirty Solo guitar)

4-string Shrink Kitten "Kittycaster" Tele-Style-Tenor Guitar (high pitch solo guitar)

6-string Shrink Kitten "Powerkitty" CBG (E-bow drones)

no bass guitar or uke

straight into the notebook (line 6 ux2 interface) - recorded and mastered with studio one, all onboard effects (native instruments guitar rig, ampire, studio one reverb etc.)

drums: sennheiser/neumann freeware tool 

synth: podolski (freeware) 

video is in the making ... 

Merle Awesome work,

Well done for all your hard work putting this together..

A big well done for everyone who had contributed in time... this is yet another fantastic tribute album.

thanks chaps. my job is only to make everybody sound as good as possible:)

maybe we'll meet up again later in the summer for a new fun musical challenge

Re new projects, Merle: Phil Ochs, Cohen, The Krankies ?

That's real nice, guys.

thank you c# merle 

Wayfinder, I can never get Audacity time shift to work for me. I've gone back to using my old Korg D8 recorder. I used an SM58 mic plugged directly in and used a CB fiddle and 3 string CB guitar. I don't know why a computer can't figure out that an overdub should be in synch with the previos track!

Here's a decent explanation on how to fix the latency issue in Audacity.  Basically what you do is generate a click track, then hold your mic right up to your speaker and hit record (he misspoke and said hit play).  You can then determine what your latency is and he shows how to correct for it.  Worked for me when I was having issues.

You can also get pills from the Doc for "latency", Mr Turtle, but that's another story! ;)

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

Latest Activity

Glenn Kaiser commented on Glenn Kaiser's video
Thumbnail

GK less Paul Diddley Bow

"Thx Doug, truly fun to create and use. Plugged into a stomp box, then amp, truly amazing little…"
46 minutes ago
Glenn Kaiser commented on Glenn Kaiser's photo
Thumbnail

Less Paul by GK

"Thanks Doug, a joy to build. I'll play it tomorrow night in a show. -Glenn"
47 minutes ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Randy S. Bretz's photo
Thumbnail

Off the Bench !

"Truly amazing Randy! A stunning build. Craftsmanship at its finest…"
1 hour ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

Up the Hill A D Eker 2024

"I’m with Kale; the shaker sound nicely offsets the guitar groove… Cool Andries!"
2 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Glenn Kaiser's video
Thumbnail

GK less Paul Diddley Bow

"Love that outside the box thinking! Less Paul, more Glenn! You are having way too much fun…"
2 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Glenn Kaiser's photo
Thumbnail

Less Paul by GK

"Wow! Less Paul is definitely more Glenn!!! Simple and cool; a great combo."
2 hours ago
Bernie Edwards commented on Randy S. Bretz's photo
Thumbnail

Off the Bench !

"The cherries make it really even more special!  Great project with a unique and special result!"
7 hours ago
Crazed Fandango replied to Rich Butters's discussion UK - Best Place to Buy Cigar Box's
8 hours ago
Crazed Fandango commented on David Woodman 's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0749

"Amazing!"
8 hours ago
Crazed Fandango liked David Woodman 's photo
8 hours ago
Crazed Fandango posted a photo
9 hours ago
Rich Butters posted a discussion

UK - Best Place to Buy Cigar Box's

Hi all, I am living in Thailand and building CBGs for about a year.  I will be returning to the UK…See More
10 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->