Sometimes people slap their guitar body like snare when they are playing. I was thinking you could customize the sound of the hit with a little drawer you can fill with whatever various objects you have laying around... like pennies or rocks. 

Views: 311

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Then you would have to shake your git instead of tapping it. 

Wouldn't it make more sense to install real snare wire like in a snare drum? You could even add an on/off mechanism (you'll find ideas for that in many cajon building videos...)

Someone else suggested that on Facebook, that’s a cool idea

I sold one years ago with part of a drum snare in the box beneath the bridge area? I’ve seen street performers with em in their acoustic guitars

I like this guys style and simplicity. It works! Thanks for post this Shane. 

I saw this on Kickstarter if you prefer a tambourine sound

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/523289674/the-jambourine-a-tam...

Kool , I remember seeing that, I always put the tambourine in my lap or under my foot?

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation?How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Featured Instrument Video

Forum

Etsy sales

Started by Angry Rooster Guitars in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Angry Rooster Guitars 12 hours ago. 17 Replies

Building to sell

Started by Mark Rinehart in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Jerry Jordan on Thursday. 4 Replies

Latest Activity

Richard Sundberg commented on Downtown Vinnie's video
Thumbnail

Cali-Fest Blues Featuring Richie Sundberg on Keys

"Thanks guys for the comments and likes! Nice to hear from you James, miss you around here!"
5 minutes ago
Daniel Walter posted photos
9 minutes ago
Scott Schoepf posted a photo
18 minutes ago
Don Craig commented on Donkey's blog post Do Write Songs On Your Cigar Box Guitar?
"Great thread, a little late but I'd like to chip in.  Donkey, your post shows you have an…"
18 minutes ago
Uncle John commented on Philip Hall's photo
Thumbnail

The Big D

"Unique and good."
32 minutes ago
Uncle John commented on John's video
Thumbnail

Travis Bowlin Crossroads On the Cigar Box Guitar

"White shoo excellent. Crossroads Blues."
34 minutes ago
Uncle John commented on Slow Blues Dani & Ol' Grey Bear's video
Thumbnail

Line 6 Crunchtone pedal.

"Good stuff, Bear. Man, have you ever improved- to the point of being GOOD... Nice George Thorogood…"
35 minutes ago
Uncle John commented on Jason Mills's video
Thumbnail

The Driftwood Dogs

"So sorry to hear about Moose's demise. I think he had tons of fans on CBN and FB. Count me in…"
38 minutes ago
Uncle John commented on BUGGY (C)'s video
Thumbnail

Swampy Sunday

"Trippy good, Bug. I enjoyed it."
40 minutes ago
Uncle John commented on Poorness Studios's video
Thumbnail

Junk Orchestra

"I didn't like the drone, but I liked the rest, especially after the harp part. Fun."
42 minutes ago
Matthew Borczon commented on BeetleJuice!'s video
Thumbnail

Three String Reso-phonic Cigar Box Guitar

"the sound is just perfect, and your playing is so natural and laid back and perfect!! Your music…"
44 minutes ago
Bob "Ambrose" Negus liked Shane Speal shanespeal.com's discussion Build The BATFINK Cigar Box Cello - Our most insane DIY instrument plans ever!
51 minutes ago

Music

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->