Nation, I want to make a CD of my best 10 -15 songs.   I just want to have that 'record' and would give some away.   I am not tech smart.   I am cheap.   I am looking for a simple system that can give me decent results for under $200.   Tips?

Views: 978

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi John, I'm fairly green when it's come to recording, But I found a recording/music maker software that's quite simple too use, and also has the capablites for making your CD, movies and mp3's and much more. The only other thing is if your coputer hasn't a dvd burner , you'll need too purchase one.

Here is the software I use John

http://www.magix.com/us/music-maker/

I didn't read all the post John, at the least your pc needs cd drive that burns and burning software like Nero.

The easiest way to record is handheld multi track or small portable multi track that are much easier to use then pc base recording and best part are portable. You can get a Tascam DP-004  headphone and mic for under $200. You wil be able to record guitar and vocal then over dub harp another guitar or vocal. then upload them to your pc and burn cd's.. fun fun fun 

I will provide tech support!!!! Jamie got one sound great. 

Folks, thanks for all the advice and help.  I ordered the CAD Audio U37 USB Studio Recording Microphone + Pop Filter + Headphones shown here.    CAUTION SLOW LEARNING CURVE AHEAD.   

Thanks for the help and advice.

Cool deal Unc!  Can't wait to hear what you come up with. 

Thanks, Todd.  I meant to say.  The outfit was $79.00 shipped.  

James O. Lundsford steered me in that direction.  

I looked at other stuff, but you and others told me the mic was the main thing.  I hope this outift will give me good bang for the bucks.

Should do; it shows up on lots of audio top ten lists. Great price.

Mic placement is really important John you need to move the mic around to mix vocal and guitar until you find the sweet spot and it will change with each guitar and amp.

If you p.c. is noisy you want to move the mic away a longer cable is more money but worth it, if you hear it in the headphone you'll hear on the recording. 

QUIET IN THE STUDIO PLEASE.      Good luck John.

Good luck with your new setup, Unc! If for whatever reason it turns out to be unsatisfactory (I went through this) you could fall back on this simple microphone, which I used to record my tunes:

DollarTreeMic

Uncle John-

I have Sound Forge recording software with a mastering effects bundle for polishing and enhancing recordings, (EQ, compression, reverb, limiting).

I would be happy to help you with your recordings in any way.  You would just need to email me the songs in wav. (best quality) or mp3 format and I can help you shape the sound you want for your CD.

I am not a pro by any means but have done several recording and post recording projects for friends.

No obligation, there may be others with more experience willing to help but I'm available if needed.

Go to your local music store and see if you can rent one of these:

http://compare.ebay.ca/like/151141485897?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPr...

The singer in my band owns one of these and records all our practice sessions, then the next day she posts the results for us on dropbox. It's SO handy!

Then take the files and burn them to CD, Mission accomplished.

All great info guys. Reading this I think I will give Audacity a try myself for recordings. The only questions I have is whatever the microphone used. Would I plug the microphone plug into the front plug/port of the computer or should I plug it into the back of the computer to the sound card itself? would either way make a difference/matter? Because I believe or could be wrong that the plug in back is directly to the sound card or is it not? Just curious before I get to far into this.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

Latest Activity

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->