can I mount a reverb chip & knob into my little guitar?

Views: 172

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sure you can, but you'll need a battery box too. Or you could put it in a separate box so all your guitars/basses/other can have reverb.

I'm really just starting out. Am i likely to find a board with a knob out there or am I stuck with trying to put some chunky peddle into something. A builder on U-tube showed one with a little gain control right on his guitar. That got me thinking.reverb right on the instrument seemed like a good trick...but I dunno.

well I'm just starting out & I saw a build on u-tube with a gain drive knob right in the guitar.that got me thinking that a reverb was the thing to have, but all I can seem to find out there is chunky reverb peddles. I'm kinduv looking for a little board with a knob right on it to mount real easy, but maybe I'm not looking in the right place....

Hi John,

I started collecting the parts to make my son a battery amplifier with a reverb function. I did come across these cheap reverb modules off eBay (search "PT2399 Microphone Reverb Plate Reverberation Board").

Here is a link to eBay uk https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PT2399-Microphone-Reverb-Plate-Reverbera... though if you do the eBay search for worldwide listings you will get the best price.

I have not had chance to test the modules I bought so I am unable to say how well it works with a piezo or a magnetic pickup (or if it needs a preamp).  Personally I would test it before I drilled a hole in a CBG for it.  It will be a week or so before I get chance to test it out so if you can wait I can let you know my findings then.  Though for the low cost you may prefer to order anyway and test it for yourself.

Like all the Chinese eBay items they can take 2 to 6 plus weeks to arrive.

I have put the onboard overdrive module on a couple of regular electric guitars and they work really well (I bought the Artec Sound QDD2 modules).

Regards,

David L.

nice find david. i would be interested in hearing how that module works and if it sounds ok. would be interesting to have both this and the QDD2/pshyo knob built in to the CBG

Very nice David L., that looks like just the thing, thank you. you'll test yours b4 I get mine, I would be interested in your impression on it. I went a little bonkers over cheap Chinese pickups & got a half a dozen different ones, sight unseen (un-heard). build #3 may be a test sled just for fun stuff.  I gotta' say your thumbnail looks real good. 

I do remember a short fad a few tears ago for sympathetic resonator builds sparked by an old uke with springs in it. Hurdygurdys have resonating strings and switches to  damp them (effectively an on off switch). 

I remember an episode of Franlab where she played with plate reverb that had damping points and all sorts of fun possibilities. Unfortunately it was about six or seven foot square so not so good for fitting inside  a cigar box. 

I would go with the reverb separate from the guitar, more versatility that way? It can be used by all of your instruments. In my experience, reverb pedals sound better with DC adapters, they lose character as battery wears down? If you go with one of those reverb boards, make sure you get one with a preamp. Good luck with this project 

I have a few of those reverb boards... at first test, they're ok... just ok. There's an option to add a pot for reverb effect... I'll test it later this week...

I have seen Dale Puckett Use Springs stretched tight in his Boxes on some of his Builds..It creates an artificial reverb I suppose But hey It works.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Logo using tracing paper

Started by Titch the Clown in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner 2 hours ago. 3 Replies

Yeah, OK,...

Started by James Pobog in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner 2 hours ago. 7 Replies

Info please.

Started by James Pobog in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by James Pobog 7 hours ago. 3 Replies

Build #2

Started by James Pobog in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Poorness Studios yesterday. 3 Replies

PDF DOWNLOAD: How to Build a Hurdy Gurdy

Started by Shane Speal shanespeal.com in Feature Articles. Last reply by Philip Taylor Sep 12. 8 Replies

Blog Posts

Mailing boxes for CBG's

Posted by Kevin Patrick on September 18, 2019 at 10:02am 4 Comments

So...

Posted by Emer M. on September 16, 2019 at 11:59am 0 Comments

Mama Pearson's Soaporium

Posted by Rick Tish on September 14, 2019 at 8:52pm 0 Comments

Fresh Diddley Bow- "Why Not?"

Posted by Glenn Kaiser on September 13, 2019 at 10:23pm 1 Comment

Latest Activity

Josh Thompson liked Poorness Studios's blog post The Best Jugs in Kentucky Are Empty
3 minutes ago
Josh Thompson commented on Josh Thompson's photo
Thumbnail

Tempus Cigar Box Guitar

"Thanks everyone"
7 minutes ago
Josh Thompson liked Josh Thompson's photo
8 minutes ago
Thomas Case liked Preston J. Laisure's photo
43 minutes ago
Thomas Case liked Lapsteel washboard's photo
44 minutes ago
Thomas Case liked Lapsteel washboard's photo
45 minutes ago
Thomas Case commented on Thomas Case's photo
Thumbnail

Build #20, 5th mandolin

"Thanks Poorness"
51 minutes ago
Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner replied to Titch the Clown's discussion Logo using tracing paper
"Thank you for the heads up! I've been using my electric  label maker with clear labels in…"
2 hours ago
Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner replied to James Pobog's discussion Yeah, OK,...
"LOL, for sure!"
2 hours ago
Dave Lynas posted videos
4 hours ago
Titch the Clown commented on Kevin Patrick's blog post Mailing boxes for CBG's
"I make a trip to my local recycling depot and get a big box I can cut up to make my own shipping…"
4 hours ago
Titch the Clown replied to Titch the Clown's discussion Logo using tracing paper
"I have changed my technique slightly after someone on Ukulele underground luthiers lounge…"
4 hours ago

CigarBoxGuitar.com Knowledgebase Articles

Music

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->