This is where I am at on my Corvette resonators. I have made a steam chamber and bent 1/4" plywood on a toggle clamp form. I laminated walnut to the plywood. I have also steam bent 5/16" walnut. It works both ways but you have a tendency to get dimples in the 5/16" walnut, because of the amount of pressure on the toggle hold downs. I have burned the designs in the backs of the bodies.I then painted the designs. It takes a couple of coats to get the paint to conceal the grain. I have put 3 coats of polyurethane to prevent dirty hand prints and damage to the paint designs. I am going to make 2,3 strings and 1, 4 string. That is why I have 2 silver blue "vettes and 1 red and black. I will probably sell one of them to pay for my habit. I have the necks made and plan to belt sand them to get them ready for fretboards. I am planing to use full length rod piezo sitting on flat area outside the flipper. I plan on also having Wishbringer mag p/u at the end of fretboard. Strings will be at the bottom of flipper. One thing about these,I won't be having to worry about grounding problems.Neck will go in where joint in wooden ring overlaps. 5_16th_walnut_ring.jpg,Plywood_substrate.jpg,Burned_Images.jpg,.58_BlkRd_Vette_painted.jpg, Sblue_58_Vette_git_paint.jpg ,Vette_Walnut_Ring.jpg
These should look great when they're finished.