Rick Alexander's Discussions (82)

Discussions Replied To (73) Replies Latest Activity

"You have to unplug the cables when you're not playing or it will drain the battery.…"

Rick Alexander replied May 7, 2017 to Problem with EQ-7545R Pre-amp...

12 May 12, 2017
Reply by Jim Saraceno

"That was probably Dave Lynas."

Rick Alexander replied Apr 24, 2017 to looking for info on making an old guitar into a reso

3 Apr 24, 2017
Reply by Rick Alexander

"Good job Bill! This is useful stuff. "

Rick Alexander replied Feb 3, 2017 to Chords for 4 string CBG (Tuned G-D-G-B)

10 Oct 3, 2017
Reply by Keith Conner

"The low G is a bit lower than A.Loosen up that string to get to G. Your 7th fret on…"

Rick Alexander replied Jan 26, 2017 to Tuning gdg cbg

15 Jan 29, 2017
Reply by darryl kernaghan

"Yes, I'll do that. And, yes learning the chords first might be the way to go."

Rick Alexander replied Jan 24, 2017 to Tab-learning strategies; share your approach to learning tabs.

19 Jan 26, 2017
Reply by Paul Craig

"Would a video of Ashokan Farewell played slowly and close to the fretboard be of any…"

Rick Alexander replied Jan 23, 2017 to Tab-learning strategies; share your approach to learning tabs.

19 Jan 26, 2017
Reply by Paul Craig

"There is a great video lesson by Justin Johnson on "Stormy Monday". It's a good litt…"

Rick Alexander replied Jan 23, 2017 to Tab-learning strategies; share your approach to learning tabs.

19 Jan 26, 2017
Reply by Paul Craig

"There is a Shane Speal video on this. You stack 3 cutoff wheels on a dremel to cut a…"

Rick Alexander replied Jan 15, 2017 to Rod Piezo with bolt/nut bridge

6 Jan 16, 2017
Reply by Clarky

"My favorite is a stubby glass slide that is tapered inside. I just got a brass slide…"

Rick Alexander replied Jan 10, 2017 to What is your favorite slide and slide material? ( and more)

122 Mar 1, 2017
Reply by Jim_N

"In that video, Glenn Watt shows how he does it. He measures 3 inches twice, then dra…"

Rick Alexander replied Jan 7, 2017 to scarf joint?

26 Jan 8, 2017
Reply by john mackay

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Cigar Box Amp Mods

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by RTZGUITARS 2 hours ago. 14 Replies

Blog Posts

Mr. Bells

Posted by Stephen Cohen on September 4, 2021 at 12:30pm 0 Comments

Bookie's Poor Man's Dobro

Posted by Steve Bookout on July 18, 2021 at 2:04pm 3 Comments

Get your groove on for free

Posted by François on July 13, 2021 at 3:05pm 1 Comment

Soon to be free to play more

Posted by Danny Gordon on June 14, 2021 at 1:06pm 4 Comments

Latest Activity

GARAGE HERMIT posted photos
11 minutes ago
AGP # commented on AGP #'s photo
Thumbnail

AGP #441 - ''Stuffup Steamer Basket''

"Pick, I guess it could be called Steampunk, but it won't be played by me, cause I don't…"
25 minutes ago
CLG liked Mark E. Martinsen's photo
35 minutes ago
chris bugg liked Uncle John's discussion Dave Lynas needs prayer and good thoughts and wishes
39 minutes ago
T-Gripped replied to Uncle John's discussion Dave Lynas needs prayer and good thoughts and wishes
"Praying for Dave and his family. He is so creative and generous with his work. I have gleaned a lot…"
51 minutes ago
Uncle John commented on mugs's photo
Thumbnail

20210830_170322

"Tell us about these. Great looking head stocks. Is this one a veneer? How are you tuned? How do…"
1 hour ago
Thumbnail

20210830_170225

"I don't think I saw one of your builds until a few months ago. They were very good and so are…"
1 hour ago
Thumbnail

20210830_165747

"Super nice.  How did you do the skull fret markers?"
1 hour ago
Lane Martin liked GARAGE HERMIT's photo
1 hour ago
Downtown Vinnie replied to Uncle John's discussion Dave Lynas needs prayer and good thoughts and wishes
"Thanks for the update.Sad news.Sending peace his way....He has always been  a great ambassador…"
1 hour ago
mugs posted photos
2 hours ago
RTZGUITARS replied to Cigar Box Nation's discussion Cigar Box Amp Mods
"you can get these used for$20 or new$35. make any amp a better amp. gives you tone control ,power…"
2 hours ago

Music

© 2021   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->