JL's Discussions (1,093)

Discussions Replied To (1068) Replies Latest Activity

"I do 1 in. if I'm using ferrels to run the strings through the tail, 16in if I'm goi…"

JL replied Sep 22, 2014 to How far should a neck-through protrude

10 Sep 22, 2014
Reply by JL

"it is not hard to calculate for yourself, the bridge to fret ratio between two conse…"

JL replied Sep 12, 2014 to Fret templates

12 Sep 12, 2014
Reply by JL

"Start Simple and all you need are a drill, file/sandpaper, and a screwdriver.  www.y…"

JL replied Sep 5, 2014 to What tools in my new box ?

17 Sep 5, 2014
Reply by jabes

"piezo disks and magnet cone speakers from old headphones work well in both direction…"

JL replied Aug 22, 2014 to New guy needs help

9 Aug 25, 2014
Reply by mojoatomic

"Yes, what ReturnToSender said.  to use a condensor mic element you need to add batte…"

JL replied Aug 19, 2014 to New guy needs help

9 Aug 25, 2014
Reply by mojoatomic

"Brendan's idea sound quite aesthetic, add another layer of fingerboard and shim up t…"

JL replied Aug 19, 2014 to Compensating string angle at nut

34 Aug 20, 2014
Reply by Jim Goodman

"The first rule of CBGs is that there are no rules, if you like it, build it.  I had…"

JL replied Aug 15, 2014 to Newbie with a couple questions.

6 Aug 15, 2014
Reply by JL

"Such heated debate over something as simple as ?  So to go back to Elliot's qu…"

JL replied Aug 15, 2014 to Lengths of necks are different on instruments why, and does it matter

22 Aug 15, 2014
Reply by Better Trees

"Neck length is the result of finding the sweet spot on the belly/face to put the bri…"

JL replied Aug 13, 2014 to Lengths of necks are different on instruments why, and does it matter

22 Aug 15, 2014
Reply by Better Trees

"dulcimers are built that way, the neck mounted to the face with a shallow space to a…"

JL replied Aug 12, 2014 to Sharing some ideas I have. (photos)

12 Aug 18, 2014
Reply by Seth Kent

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Busking Songs...

Started by Nomad Jack in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by J. D. Woods on Wednesday. 7 Replies

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

Latest Activity

Southern Ray commented on Crazed Fandango's photo
Thumbnail

Frethound 4 String

" I was gonna say, "Sweeeeeeeeeet" as well, but that was taken. Very nice. I too love…"
1 hour ago
Southern Ray replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Are metal frets necessary?
" Any other questions, just ask. "
2 hours ago
Southern Ray replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Are metal frets necessary?
" Hello JD, welcome. I'm a fifty year failed six-string player that got into building and…"
2 hours ago
BrianQ. replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Are metal frets necessary?
5 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Crazed Fandango's photo
Thumbnail

Frethound 4 String

"Burn baby burn! Top looks hot Crazed; sporty headstock too. Excellent build."
5 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Ghostbuttons's photo
Thumbnail

Four projects

"You are a busy guy Warren! Outstanding builds and each one unique; well done."
5 hours ago
AGP # commented on Crazed Fandango's photo
Thumbnail

Frethound 4 String

""Sweeeeeeeeet", love the burning on the Body, have a Build on the Bench at the moment,…"
6 hours ago
AGP # liked Crazed Fandango's photo
6 hours ago
J. D. Woods replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Are metal frets necessary?
8 hours ago
Glenn Kaiser commented on Glenn Kaiser's video
Thumbnail

GK less Paul Diddley Bow

"Often quite true Uncle John :) -Glenn"
9 hours ago
Gary O'slide posted videos
10 hours ago
Uncle John commented on Glenn Kaiser's video
Thumbnail

GK less Paul Diddley Bow

"Ha, Ha.  Less is more."
11 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->