Tommy Phillips's Discussions (43)

Discussions Replied To (23) Replies Latest Activity

"This may sound strange, but my approach to this was to find an ugly tie at the thrif…"

Tommy Phillips replied May 31, 2017 to Balancing the CBG in your lap...

17 Jun 8, 2017
Reply by the anonymous pick

"On my first CBG, I wasn't happy with the sound until the third set of strings. If yo…"

Tommy Phillips replied Apr 27, 2017 to Need advice

7 Apr 27, 2017
Reply by Dave Lynas

"Oh, thank you for that picture, that just makes my head spin.  Do you have a recordi…"

Tommy Phillips replied Sep 28, 2016 to Anybody have a need for 1st and 2nd strings?

18 Sep 28, 2016
Reply by Blues Frog

"Fomhorach, can you elaborate? First, if you are saying "Diddly bows are for kids," I…"

Tommy Phillips replied Sep 28, 2016 to Anybody have a need for 1st and 2nd strings?

18 Sep 28, 2016
Reply by Blues Frog

"So, are you buying six-string sets?  Is that why you have a collection of extras? I'…"

18 Sep 28, 2016
Reply by Blues Frog

"I will be at the B&N Mini Maker Faire at 120th and Washington in Thornton, CO, w…"

Tommy Phillips replied Nov 6, 2015 to Barnes & Noble Bookstore Mini Maker Faire

1 Nov 6, 2015
Reply by Tommy Phillips

"By "steel wire" do you mean something like picture hanger wire?  If so, watch out fo…"

Tommy Phillips replied Oct 9, 2015 to GBD tuning

8 Oct 13, 2015
Reply by JL

""Maker" is certainly appropriate in my case, since I first heard of CBGs in Make Mag…"

Tommy Phillips replied Jun 30, 2015 to Can we call ourselves luthiers?

119 Jul 27, 2015
Reply by Goldsmithexile

"I just recently finished a blog post on a similar topic:  the difference between art…"

Tommy Phillips replied Jun 30, 2015 to Can we call ourselves luthiers?

119 Jul 27, 2015
Reply by Goldsmithexile

"I was already planning to see this film again, just for the layers and layers of ner…"

Tommy Phillips replied Jun 16, 2015 to Famous C BG builder in a New Movie

2 Jun 16, 2015
Reply by 3 String Blues

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Latest Activity

BrianQ. left a comment for Niall McCracken
2 hours ago
BrianQ. replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Song lyrics for Steve's new song
2 hours ago
BrianQ. liked Gary O'slide's video
2 hours ago
Southern Ray left a comment for J. D. Woods
" If you are interested in building your own pickups, I wrote a blog about how I make my…"
5 hours ago
Gary O'slide posted a video
5 hours ago
Niall McCracken is now a member of Cigar Box Nation
8 hours ago
J. D. Woods replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Song lyrics for Steve's new song
9 hours ago
J. D. Woods replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Song lyrics for Steve's new song
19 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

There i was Standing at the ..... BCB - A. D. Eker 2024

"Thanks AGP# Glad you liked  my version ! appreciated !"
21 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's video
Thumbnail

I Can Only Imagine: 2-String Chugger License Plate Cigar Box Guitar

"You are very observant Andries! Some of the Slingers are more consistent than others and I…"
21 hours ago
David L. replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Song lyrics for Steve's new song
"Not sure how accurate the lyrics are (link to the lyrics site at the bottom) "Internet…"
21 hours ago
David L. liked David Hopkins's photo
21 hours ago

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->