Feature Articles (388)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

PDF Download: Build a "Two Hour" Hammered Dulcimer

"Two Hour" Hammer Dulcimer plans by Sam Rizzetta "Even a crude dulcimer can have an attractive tone and be as easy to play as more sophist…

Started by Shane Speal shanespeal.com

12 Feb 5
Reply by Titch the Clown

PDF Download: How to Tie Fret Knots - a Traditional Way of Fretting

Fret Not: The Fret Knot is Back by Peter Hoover "An idea centuries old has returned..." PDF Scan from Mugwumps Magazine, Vol 3. No. 6, Nov…

14 Feb 2
Reply by Kirk Bolas

Fun with a 2x4 Bass - Build Your Own

God bless the writers of science magazines back in the 1960's.  Everyone wanted to be a rock star, so they found innovative ways to make th…

23 Jan 29
Reply by Bob Stephens

VIDEO & PHOTOS: Jim Morris Re-Creates Historic Fiddle from Just a Photo

Several months ago, I posted this photo from the 1890's in a Cigar Box Nation email with the challenge for somebody to make a similar inst…

31 Jan 25
Reply by Joseph Newell

VIDEO - Building Guitars with Antique Cigar Boxes

Have you ever come across an antique cigar box at a flea market or yard sale?  These make great acoustic bodies for cigar box guitars! Let…

6 Jan 21
Reply by Lonman

Music Historian to Present Thursday Symposium at New Orleans Cigar Box Guitar Festival

The New Orleans Cigar Box Guitar Festival has updated the Thursday schedule with a special presentation by John McCusker of the New Orlean…

0 Jan 15

VIDEO & PICS: Daniel Hulbert's Double Neck Ukulele

Cigar Box Nation member (and consummate ukulele inventor), Daniel Hulbert recently completed this double neck ukulele he built that featur…

2 Jan 13
Reply by Rob Uker

How to Mount Humbuckers + Sound Demo of "Toaster Bucker" pickups

Adding a screaming humbucker pickup to a traditional neck-through cigar box guitar is as easy as glueing on a piece of scrap wood and notc…

1 Jan 12
Reply by Paul Craig

CBG VIDEO LESSON: How to Play Robert Johnson's "Preaching Blues (Up Jumped the Devil)"

Shane's back with another request...this time for the late, great Robert Johnson's "Preaching Blues."  This lesson is for a 3-string slide…

4 Jan 7
Reply by Steve Allen

DIY Instrument Contest: What Came Out of Santa's Workshop! $1000 in Prizes

SANTA HAS BEEN BUSY IN HIS WORKSHOP THIS YEAR... AND WE WANNA SEE WHAT HE (YOU) BUILT!!!  Win one of $1000 in prizes.   Here's the video d…

59 Dec 31
Reply by Ken

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Hendrix

Started by Lennox Gavin in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Tim Pannabecker on Sunday. 3 Replies

Problem CGB

Started by Thomas Rasmussen in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Thomas Rasmussen Mar 14. 18 Replies

Nylon Strings

Started by Mark Rinehart in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by the anonymous pick Mar 13. 1 Reply

South Africa

Started by Marius in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by the anonymous pick Mar 12. 1 Reply

Latest Activity

George Jones commented on George Jones's video
Thumbnail

I Gotta Leave Here - Missing My Baby Blues

"Thanks Derek . . . It was the closest I could come to authoring an upbeat blues song.  The…"
19 minutes ago
wizzo replied to wizzo's discussion Spring is in the Air
"Hey Francois! I can't believe you found that, Great job my friend. It's funny, I am an…"
57 minutes ago
the anonymous pick commented on the anonymous pick's photo
1 hour ago
RTZGUITARS commented on RTZGUITARS's video
Thumbnail

Dick "The Godfather" Dale Thank You

"Thanks AGP, best I can do right now but I had to do something."
1 hour ago
Michael shrader replied to Michael shrader's discussion Bonehead rookie mistake in the group Building a Cigar Box Guitar 101
"I have to get over trying to make things perfect and just go with the flow. Have some ideas now on…"
1 hour ago
Michael shrader replied to Michael shrader's discussion Bonehead rookie mistake in the group Building a Cigar Box Guitar 101
"Glad yours fit. Mine don’t. I’ve decided not to get too annoyed with myself and just…"
2 hours ago
"Definitely going to do acrylic templates. Thanks"
2 hours ago
"Great suggestions. Thanks!"
2 hours ago
Tim Castagnola replied to Michael shrader's discussion Bonehead rookie mistake in the group Building a Cigar Box Guitar 101
"I did the same thing on Sunday.  Everything still fits they are just crowding the…"
2 hours ago
Joe Caruso posted a blog post
2 hours ago
Maddog commented on Maddog's photo
Thumbnail

Arturo Fuente Cigar Box Guitar

"Thanks A! Me too, they have a nice look and are pretty damn powerful for their size."
3 hours ago
Maddog commented on Maddog's photo
3 hours ago

Events

Music

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->