You probably have seen Shelley Rickey's cigar box uke video before.  Now she's back with a plastic bucket washtub bass in the band, The Mourning Glories.  This Rotterdam trio delivers some pure voodoo 3-part vocals and Deep South sound (Rickey is originally from Mississippi).

SOURCE:  MOURNING GLORIES OFFICIAL FACEBOOK

Related:  How to Electrify a Washtub Bass - by Shane Speal, GuitarWorld.com

Views: 3566

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well you and the group certainly are the cup of tea of many,many of us who appreciate homemade stuff and real non processed music!

Very sorry about the loss of your partner. We're fortunate that you are still giving us wonderful music.

Thank you, Jim. Very lucky to have found these girls and so thankful to still be making music. It's saving my life. I think that Marko brought us together.

Shelley,

You don't know me (except as a very recent fan), but I am very sorry for your loss. Mourning Glories, indeed. Me, I'm coming to your current band's music through this vid, and have been promoting it to my FB friends who truly dig and understand music on a closed group we call Cool Music Exchange. You, I have been aware of for a coupla years now, but haven't followed religiously (sad, but true).

I wish you, Miranda and Marie all the success that can be had. Y'all are talented as hell, yet sing like angels. Keep putting it out there. Add me to your mailing list; I for one am buying.

Thanks Ron. You made my day! I'll tell the gals! X!

Hey Shelley luv the vid what a great sound, if I had met you thirty years ago I think I would have married you, keep em coming great stuff and the very best of luck to you and the gals.

Just a bushel basket full of wonderful.

I have one complaint, Shane.  I think you are posting videos outside the main video area - and I tend to miss or over look them.

Regarding Low Budget Luthier's comments.   I think anybody that puts their music, builds or art out for others to see should develop some thick skin about perceived negative comments.   We've got to turn our "Give a Shitter's'  down low.   It can be hard, but we need to let some things bounce off without hurting us.  

And keep in mind that they may be having a bad day or bad moment.   I am a kind guy a high percentage of the time.   But I AM a butt hole a small percentage of the time too.  I need to keep my mouth shut when my brain is in butt-hole mode.

Take a look at Low Budget Luthier's photos.  He has not been around much lately, but he is one of the very most creative and original people you will ever find.

Like i said, i usually don't comment on stuff like this. My thick skin has been worn down by circumstances for sure. I don't think Low Budget is evil or something but i do think folks should insert some thought between their fingers and the keyboard. If this happened on YouTube, i wouldn't be surprised at all. But on a forum of builders and makers and creatives? I expect people to be a little bit more sensitive to the work and effort that has gone into something and the huge amount of heart and soul that is invested in it. To throw a comment out there that is pretty much...'Nope, this ain't it. You can do better.' Really? Come on. 

But, enough about this. Just think it was a very unnecessary comment and, of course, the guy has absolutely no idea of what led up to The Mourning Glories or this video. Everyone should remember.... behind a name on a screen is a person and you never know what they are going through. 

Exactly right and well said.  Moving on now.  God bless.

Moving on. :)

True, Wes.  Screw em' and the horses they rode in on.  

;)

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 21. 11 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

CB Bass Guitar

Started by Mi Rankin in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Justin Stanchfield Jan 27. 5 Replies

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->